Have had 10 trips to fraser have camped, stayed at kingfisher, private houses etc, in my view kingfisher is overrated way too expensive and on the wrong side of the island, for overseas visitors all the attractions on the island are a long way <can be full day trip to say champagne pools, waddy point, etc> note fuel is around $1.60 per litre in a 4wd you will use approx one litre per 5klms easy to spend $100 per day on fuel alone on day trips from kingfisher. Dont forget you may only average 10kilometer per hour on inland tracks from kingfisher so it is possible to spend say 7hrs driving in an 8hr day, It is much much better value to rent a huge modern 4 bedroom home from $700-$1100 per week fully equipped and better located, share this between 2 couples very cheap. Also other restaurants, bars, hotel, bands etc are on the other side of the island nowhere near kingfisher.
In addition it used to be the case that if you rang kingfisher from fraser island <yes mobiles work at various points on the island> you got your accomodation at apporx half price certainly less than offered on this site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island