My husband and I booked the Seafood Platter option for a night away only to be very, very disappointed. The bus and ferry ride were good, got to Kingfisher Bay Reosrt and found that the Sand Bar was actually closed and that we would be located in the Maheno Resturant.
Our platters came without the Harvey Bay prawns (not a one) and no smoked salmon although this is advertised. My husband had half a mud crab and half a Moreton Bay Bug. We asked a young Asian service person if they could advise the chef but her English was severley lacking once we located another staff member we told her that the meal was missing the other half of the seafood to be told that the Chef advised her that the portions were set and he couldnt do anything about it, but would offer him a free drink!
For $65 the platter was very underwleming and certainly not up to expectation and I would not recommend this option to any potential visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island