I attended my nephew's wedding at Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island.
We had a wonderful time. Food was great, location awesome, people lovely.
They certainly have the place, but I think that the hotel rooms were the same as they were 20 years ago. The newer units are great, but a revamp on the hotel interior would be good. Mind that is expensive, so I get that this is not possible. Well worth a visit, I think I certainly will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island