I read the review after making a reservation for a room over Easter holiday. Many negative reviews regarding the resort room and restaurant. Once I arrived to the resort, I feel very relaxing. I did the an hour great walk from the hotel, which is really awesome. Unfortunately, on the check out date, my luggage did not come to the mainland with the ferry. I spoke to the reception at mainland to find out about my bag. The answer is my bag is still sitting in the room as no one has checked in since I checked out. She promised to get the bag on next ferry and the shuttle bus would drop the luggage at the hotel I stayed at hervey bay by 10pm. I waited till 10pm, nothing happened so I called Kingfisher Bay, the reception on island said my bag is till at the island as the 8.30pm ferry left the barge before time!!!!! I received another promise by another reception. He said the bag will go with the last ferry and someone will drop the bag at hotel by midnight. I asked anything better, he could do for me. He said this is the best he could do!!! This is really nice!!! I decided to sleep as it was a big day for me and next morning I have a flight at 7.30am (could not sleep well as worry about the bag). I woke up at 6am and call the reception at the hotel I stayed on hervey bay, the reception had not received anything. I called back to Kingfisher resort again and asked where is my bag, the guys told me that my bag had been gone with the 11pm ferry and I supposed to received it by last night!!! ... I finally had to go and collect my luggage myself on the way to hervey bay airport....Apart from this problem, I have no complain as the resort itself is lovely and the food at sand bar is tasty and reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island