We have just returned from a stay at the Kingfisher Bay and we are extremely disappointed with the service and facilities at the resort. The resort was clearly understaffed - reception took an age to answer the phones, and there was only one server at the bar at lunchtime who was alternating between serving drinks, taking food orders and waiting tables - we got so fed up waiting we went back to our room for a coffee. There was a leak in the bar area and a lot of water had pooled on the floor - no signs were up and this could easily have led to an accident. The hotel itself looks tired and needs a facelift. Our room was clean but basic. The hotel does not cater for families - the amount of stairs makes it very difficult if you have a stroller, and there was no baby change facilities in the main area of the hotel. We ate at the Sand Bar which was an unpleasant experience. We had to queue to order food - this took around 20 minutes as the queue was long. When our food arrived, my pizza was burnt and my partners barramundi was bland and unappetising. The weather was very poor during our stay and the hotel did not have any facilities to keep us entertained. As such we cut our trip short by 2 days as we couldn't face remaining in the hotel anymore. I would like to point out we bought our stay via a scoopon - I have noticed the offer has appeared 3 times since we bought ours - an indication that they are desperate for guests?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island