Book In Advance

from $111.20
from $62.70
from $204.40
More Info
All reviews summit walk day trip light house turtle rehab centre raging thunder beautiful tropical island fish reef shoes fast ferry the secret garden glass bottom boat general store white rock ferry ride coral beaches worth the effort nudie beach
Reviewed December 3, 2014 via mobile

Just a 45 minute ride on the Fastcat from Cairns you arrive on your own piece of paradise. The beach is covered by coral but is not uncomfortable to walk on and has plenty of shade under the trees. Snorkelling just a few metres out you get an abundance of fish swimming right up close. For the more adventurous there are several bush walks that take you high for great scenic views. The menu options are good and priced reasonably. Definitely worth the time wether a day trip or to stay longer. Next time for us we will be staying longer.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Liked: the resort facilities, snorkling, Nudey Beach, rainforest walks
Disliked: damage done to the coral (from boats/pollution?)

Reviewed November 28, 2014

Snorklling with turtles and relaxing on the beach, reading and evening dining (excellent cuisine at the resort restaurant).

Reviewed November 16, 2014

Had a 4 night stay at the Island which mother nature has crafted delightfully. However the staff and resort is another experience. On the first night we had dined at Zephyr's restaurant, hat off to the chef and team a delicious meal. We booked the rest of the nights for dinner at the restaurant immediately. The second night we were refused entry into the restaurant because we had singlets on! We were given the option of changing into something with sleeves. Unfortunately I only packed singlets. The previous night we both wore a singlet and there was no issue... given that we were on an ISLAND holiday with (quote) 'a relaxed, friendly, barefoot destination...' and since I could clearly observe more than 6 people without sleeves and with singlets in the restaurant at the time I can only state that this is a clear display of DISCRIMINATION. I was humiliated and embarrassed by the treatment of the staff. I approached the front reception to speak to the unavailable manager who apparently advised the young man behind the desk that this occasion they would make an acception however tomorrow night they would provide us with suitable clothing to cover the shoulders. I asked tha young man if he would have the rest of the patrons removed from the restaurant since they were let in to which he replied 'that must have slipped in'...he then became very frustrated and began raising his voice. I declined this offer of subjective discriminatory practice where I am forced to conform to ad hock ideals which clearly are applied at whim. We were hungry after a day of activity and went to Foxy's where the food and beverage manager attempted to smooth the situation over by informing us the restaurant had a dress policy however he could not give me the reason why some patrons were allowed in with singlets and others not. There was no recognition of the inequality experienced and the staff simply parroted 'oh, I'm sorry'. Our holiday was ruined on the second day of our stay and I spent the next two days crying! Fitzroy Island has been ruined for us. Furthermore on the day of departure we were billed for a restaurant buffet we never had! I spent the waiting time for the ferry observing the patrons in Zephyr's restaurant having breakfast in shorts, singlets, wraps and one lady in a bikini top with short shorts overalls. Wasted time, money and precious yearly leave we will never be able to get back again.

4  Thank Nada J
Reviewed November 14, 2014

I love the way that development on Fitzroy Island has had minimum impact on the beautiful setting of this national park. Even the beaches are fringed by native beach almond trees rather than manicured lawns and exotic species. The few pathways to points of interest on the island are adequate but not overstated and, unlike Green Island, you can actually find your own little patches of solitude and beauty.