“A little piece of heaven in our own backyard”

and 1 more site!
East Bedarra Island Retreat
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at East Bedarra Island Retreat in mid December 2013 as part of our honeymoon. It was the best holiday my husband and I have ever had. It is a magical place and I was amazed at how easy it was to fill the days reading, swimming, exploring, fishing, kayaking and drinking cocktails. To see turtles from your own beautiful deck area everday is just amazing. East Bedarra is a tiny corner of the world that, if you are lucky enough to go to, you will come away from it knowing you have been part of something special. We met lots of great people on our stay, Colin and Elaine the caretakers and Jason and Bec at Mission Beach Charters, are genuine people who go out of their way to help. The villa itself was perfect and we wanted for nothing. We will return one day because life is too short not to indulge in paradise more than just once.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claireabelle80

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Recommended honeymoon retreat. We felt very welcomed,relaxed and enjoyed the property. Amazing view and wonderful caretakers :)
Photos definitely did this place justice and looks exactly as it appears on the website. We will definitely be back!!
The caretakers Colin and Elaine were very pleasant and made us welcome
Well done to the owners for having great vision for this retreat

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bernyoz
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The best holiday my partner and I have ever had - the scenery is breathtaking. The perfect location for a quiet getaway, honeymoon, romantic retreat, or just to rejuvenate the soul surrounded by nature at its finest. We spent 5 nights at East Bedarra, and I really wished we had stayed longer. We will definitely be coming back.

No matter where you looked there was gorgeous scenery and I couldn’t stop taking photos. Even when making my morning coffee the view would take my breath away. I loved the privacy and the eco-friendly aspects of this property.

Elaine and Colin made us feel welcome and helped us with anything we could need to have an amazing stay.

We also stayed at Misty Mountains Rainforest Retreat which I would highly recommend to anyone so you get the best of both worlds! My partner and I have stayed in a lot of amazing destinations – but Misty Mountains and East Bedarra were by far the best we have experienced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah9291
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked East Bedarra Island retreat based on the amazing reviews and pictures..... We were not disappointed and I can't speak highly enough of the retreat itself and the service we received from Sharon (manager) and Colin and Elaine (caretakers).

The retreat is an idyllic island paradise! The location, the views and the accommodation is like nothing we've ever experienced or thought we could find in Australia. We felt like we were in a world away which is why it is perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway! We kayaked, snorkelled, went for a bit walk and saw a few sea turtles! Every photo they have on the website is exactly how it is when you get there but it still takes your breath way even after looking at the photos hundreds of times before getting there!

In terms of the organisation and service you certainly get what you pay for! Sharon was amazing throughout the whole booking process answering my every question and gave us lots of great tips. If you want seafood for your holiday ask Sharon for the details of Great Barrier Reef tuna! Anthony was amazing and the seafood he provided was some of the best we've ever had and that's a big call being the seafood lovers we are!!!! The private boat charter organised though mission beach charters was also excellent Bec and Jason were so nice and accommodating! Colin an Elaine were absolutely wonderful people to meet and deal with! They were there on the beach to greet us and waved us goodbye as we left! They also gave us lots of great tips of things to do whilst we were there, which just made our honeymoon even more special!

If you are looking for the perfect honeymoon or romantic getaway to do absolutely nothing or everything you could on a tropical island paradise then make sure you make the journey to this magical place

Jamie and Nicole Hetherington

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jummi88
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at East Bedarra Island Retreat for a wonderful 5 night stay. It was absolute bliss, the house was luxurious set right over the beach so you listened to the waves break under the deck. Whilst there were other houses on the hill behind us it was still really secluded and private and we had the beach all to ourselves. We could do either absolutely nothing by lying on the day beds or be active by kayaking, snorkeling or exploring the walking tracks. Definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a secluded romantice break or just a complete break from the rat race.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirrilly M
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our trip started from Melbourne. We flew into Cairns and took a hire car through the scenic sugar cane and banana tree route. Once we arrived in mission beach we took a water taxi to east bedarra island. The minute we stepped off the water taxi we could see we were in for treat at this luxurious property. The house was beautiful, kitchen great, pool wonderful, outdoor living and TV amazing. The beach was breath taking, we couldn't believe our eyes.

Colin and Elaine the caretakers made our stay even more comfortable by providing some forgotten items such as garlic!!! We loved the idea that we can wake up and have breakfast, lunch and dinner at our leisure. Ample things to keep busy including kayaking, snorkeling and exploring the island, the 5 days flew by. The weather was amazing we were there from the 17th of August. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Zahra F
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My now fiancé arranged a surprise holiday far far away from Berlin, Germany .
We arrived in Cairns high is where I thought we were staying, there was a limousine waiting to take us closer to the surprise destination with a boat to take us to East Bedarra Island Retreat.
When we arrived on the beach I saw a table set up with flowers and champagne where my now fiancé proposed to me at sunset. I never imagined that such a place could be found with everything you could ever dream of.
My favorite part of the retreat was to be to hang out together with so many areas to choose from all capturing the stunning views of the islands surrounding us. Sunsets each day were stunning , the salt water pool so close to our bedroom , but most favorite of all is the swinging Lounge . I loved being in a natural Unspoilt environment . As I am currently studying sustainable tourism management in Germany I really appreciated the minimal impact to the environment that will protect this beautiful paradise for our return Honeymoon .

• Stayed: June 2013
#1 of 22 in Mission Beach
Beachcomber Coconut Holiday Park
Beachcomber Coconut Holiday Park
#5 of 22 in Mission Beach

Been to East Bedarra Island Retreat? Share your experiences!