East Bedarra Island Retreat
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bedarra Island Resort(Bedarra Island)
  • Breakfast included
Sanctuary Retreat(Bingil Bay)
  • Restaurant
King Reef Resort(Kurrimine Beach)
  • Pool
Kurrimine Beach Motel(Kurrimine Beach)
Mudbrick Manor(Cardwell)
  • Spa
All reviewsour honeymoonmission beachultimate privacymillion milesbeautiful deckcomplete relaxationmoment you arrivetotal privacysea turtlespure luxuryby water taxibreakfast each morninghigh tidehire carperfect holidayboat rampwonderful caretakers
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have not yet booked , but after talking to Sharon who i have to say was the best tourist operator i have come across , ever !!! And that says a lot.. I came off the phone after an enquiry to her and was so happy to speak to someone who felt so passionate about the resort she owned, but not just a put on but a true passion about this resort and its location and what it offers.. Her commitment to helping me to be able to get there , even a payment arrangement if needed in the lead up knowing i had just had 2 engagements in the last year and 2 weddings with my kids coming up was excellent customer service. I felt i just wanted to be there right now!!! But the personal touch and service is totally commendable and i am sdo happy that made the huge effort to get this resort going again after cyclone Yasi , well done..!! i really hope to able to stay there for our anniversary.. i think we will need it..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vblue737
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I had never heard of East Bedarra Island until I discovered the retreat online. It’s a perfect place to unwind. No screaming children or noisy resort guests because you have the whole place to yourself. You can hear the water at night (because it’s lapping just metres away) and it’s always warm enough to sit outside for dinner and wile away the hours in the pool beneath the stars. After hectic work schedules it’s the perfect place to just be with your partner again. Now, if I could only live here!!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong, you're right on the water and you have the whole place to yourself!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JodieBrownlee
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were the first to stay after the rebuild from Cyclone Yasi and it was superb! While the island vegetation is still regenerating our position perched on the edge of the island looking out was just perfect. The sound of the water lapping against the rocks was very relaxing. The accommodation is beautiful and everything has been thought of.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank tracy w
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We spent 1 week at East Bedarra during November 2009. This was the most relax place we´ve been in Australia and one of the most beautiful. This is a real place to a romantic vacation as well as a place to definitely rest. Private beach, stuning scenario, a very good ocean water pool, and all the quietness you may want. The caretakers are very nice and friendly, helping with everything you may need. We had one bed sheet and towels change during our stay. We took the Princess Villa package and this Villa location is privileged. It has an amazing view of ocean with other islands in the horizon. When we arrived all the property was organized and clean, including the spacious Princess Villa. We got the luck to see a turtle just below our window. This is a place for those who cares about nature and its resources. If you do not waste the electricity you will have enough power to even see movies on dvd, hear music during the day and have a hot water shower in the night. The quality of supplies is excellent and you should try the experience of cooking all your meals in this piece of heaven. Do not forget to book a boat trip to a outer reef in the Great Barrier Reef.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel_do_V_Pereira
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I've never been one to believe in signs, but it seems that an impromptu getaway to East Bedarra Island Retreat was always meant to happen.....

It started off with a trip to the dentist (unlikely introduction I know) impatiently flicking through some of the magazines whilst awaiting my fate, my eye paused on a page that enticed me with turqoise waters, luscious palms, candlelit intimacy and the promise of paradise. East Bedarra, sounded too good to be true, so I logged the location in my memory, with every intention of revisiting that thought and marched into my appointment, with a surprisingly upbeat approach to some major dental work.

Fast forward a week and I am researching locations for a photo shoot, sitting in front of the computer trying to find something that fits the brief, I'm startled back into reality when my phone rings, it's one of our location managers suggesting I check my email. He's found this place in Far North Queensland that would be perfect, he has sent some shots and it's apparently worth a look. The subject of the email: "East Bedarra Island Retreat".....

Fast forward a month, my partner and I are sitting on a boat, packed full of fresh produce, delicious wine, a very small bag of sarongs, sunscreen and swimwear and the vision of Bedarra island clearly insight.

We are actually sitting in the page of that magazine and it looks better in real life, if thats even possible? A mixture of modern, laid back design pared with a bohemian, open-plan island feel. Completely encircled by nature, with a variety of luscious vegetation and beautiful wildlife. Sunbirds and butterflies darting around the floral trees, soft sand beaches (there are two of them within easy reach), that beautiful water, which is more than just turqoise, it's greens and blues and sometimes pinks and purples, depending on the time of day.

We spend most nights cooking our meals on the open outdoor fire, by candlelight, playing cards, star gazing, eating great fresh meals (we love to cook, so that helps) finding ourselves drifting off on oversized cushions, with the sound of the ocean lapping underneath us and sleepy smiles on our faces.

But it's not all about relaxation. The beauty of this type of place is that it can be whatever you make of it. There are adventures to be had and exploring to be done. Whether it be by snorkel, kayak or foot, with camera or paintbrush in hand this experience really does cater for those that want to do as much as those who don't.

And you know you're in a great spot when a rainy afternoon is just as great as a sunny day...

Fast forward 2 weeks and I am sitting back at my desk, sun-kissed island-blissed, grinning like one of those green tree frogs, thinking that our experience would have to go down as one of the best accidents of my life!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple