“Pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Driving around looking for somewhere to eat we stumbled across Sun Doo Chinese restaurant. The place was clean the food was outstanding and the service was excellent. In fact we were rather surprised that there were not more people there. Maybe it got busier later in the evening. Thank you for a lovely dining experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I dont live in the Hermit Park area so have not been to the Sundoo before. The restaurant was recommended by a local Asian work coleugue (which usually is s good indication).
We will certainly return as the meal, service & variety was top quality.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I regularly order take out from this restaurant and last night we ordered our usual - lemon chicken and special fried rice. My partner said when he was there the lady smelt like she'd been smokin cigarettes and we both thought the special fried rice tasted a little different to the usual. Needless to say during the night we both got good poisoning and when I rang them today about it just to let them know they were extremely rude. We won't be going back again!

3  Thank emmae86
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Everyone at the table who could have MSG said the food was beautiful but as someone allergic to it, there was little I could eat. We asked for all dishes to come without MSG which they said was fine but as they came out, one by one, she said I couldn't eat them. In the end I ate white rice & a few veggies.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is the 3rd visit to Townsville from the UK in 3 years, we have eaten in a lot of places and we think this is one of the best for a good meal. The food is great and the place is very clean. Nothing is too much trouble for the very friendly staff. If you dont try anything else the beef in black bean sauce is close to being the best I have ever had. Also the fish. Dennis & Sue, UK