“Absolutely delicious”

Ranked #72 of 399 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is the best Indian food in North Qld! We travel 3 hrs each way just to eat there.
Reviewed March 15, 2010

My husband and I went to Masala on a Saturday night, and despite it being very busy, the staff were warm, very helpful and seated us immediately outside, overlooking the river.

Between us we shared a Butter Chicken and a Beef Masala with rice and garlic naan, and honestly, it's the best Indian food i've ever had.

I would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed November 25, 2009

My husband and I love Indian food and tried Masala shortly after we moved to Townsville. The food was excellent, as was the service. My only issue with the restaurant is the prices. We spent $65 for two small dishes, an order of samosas (2), rice (which was extra), and one drink each. I've never paid that much for Indian food, even when we lived in Boston (USA) and went to the high end places. You could spend $65 at other restaurants in Townsville and have a better experience. However, Masala definitely has good food and would be a good choice if you're willing to overlook the high prices.

1  Thank AgaveArizona
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Masala Indian Cuisine is a reliably outstanding place to eat. Their food is always of supurb quality, with the staff attentive without being overbearing. Service is quick too! The lamb korma is one of my favourites. This is one of the few places I'll eat lamb, I've never found masala's lamb curries to be fatty or gristly like so many other places.

1  Thank Mongrel_dog
Reviewed March 17, 2009

I couldn't keep my fluids up fast enough, my head was sweating that much. Having said that, it was very tasty indeed, and that was what I asked for, I enjoyed it immensely.

The Sheekh Kebab was ok, but probably a little over-cooked, but the rice was cooked perfectly. Service was quite prompt considering the place was packed.

I'll be back again soon to try the Saag Gosht or the Rogan Josh.

3  Thank Fourb2
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2008

I've been here many times, the food's great, the prices are very reasonable and the service attentive without being overbearing. These guys don't do much wrong. My favourite Indian eatery.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook