“Great food with great service and nice outdoor views”

Masala Indian Cuisine Palmer Street
Ranked #52 of 411 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Masala Indian Cuisine Palmer street (right on the waterfront) have been serving you for nearly 15 years with mouth watering authentic Indian dishes. our team is specialises in preparing dishes mild, medium or hot. we are a fine dining licensed restaurant. We cater for banquets, in-house parties, and also outdoor catering for private and corporation functions. " Remember, You Don't have to have it Hot"
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Loved the food and service was better and expected. Waiter was above the average by a long way.
Tryed this place by chance after driving past, and will definately be coming back whenever the opportunity goes by.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Really disappointing meal, I can't believe this place rates highly. Expensive for Indian food and everything was a bit off. Naan and rice were a little soggy. Both curry and appetizer were super sweet and the curry was watery. My curry was mild instead of medium and my GF's was medium instead of mild. Service was quick, but that's the only nice thing I can say.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I recently ate on a Saturday night as "walk ups" at Masala Townsville. The restaurant has seating both inside and outside, and we chose to sit inside. We chose the mixed platter for entree, butter chicken and aloo gobhi for mains with naan bread and rice, while my wife also had dessert. Service was relatively quick (noting the restaurant was not particularly busy) and we thought the attention of the wait staff was just right. We were very impressed with the quality of the food - my wife thinks it is the best butter chicken she has ever had, although as some other reviewers have noted the heat has been toned down for Australia palattes as although I ordered the aloo gobhi as hot it was closer to medium. The cost of the meal for 2 was $84.50 (including soft drinks) which we thought was excellent value. Being at the far end of the Palmer Street restaurant strip, Masala was a lot quiter than other restaurants. We would be very happy to return.

TC

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The restaurant is very basic, the service is pleasant but all of these basics are forgiven when the food is delivered. It is truly amazing food, the menu is quite ample that match the size of the portions that are provided. We will be back again and again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Back in Townsville and I had try a return visit to this restaurant. Takeaway this time - and the result was not disappointing! The food was freshly cooked and really flavoursome although, to my taste, the medium is not particularly hot. The naan breads, rice and vegetables were both cooked perfectly for me. Prices are not cheap but I guess you get what you pay for - I'll be back again next time.