“Not edible!”

Ranked #82 of 406 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is the best Indian food in North Qld! We travel 3 hrs each way just to eat there.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I used to go here a lot and it was good. Today was the worst attempt at food I have seen. We got three " curries " and only the naan was edible. The meals were prepared in 10minutes so were either old or frozen. For a frozen meal, a microwave dinner in a box from woolies will taste better and be better vale. A shame to seen a business go so far down! But spending $45 on a meal and having only the bread be eaten is a ripoff!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I been to restaurant with my husband and his friends , we ordered 2 serves of samosa , 2 curries , biriyani which was not on the menu,but waiter they can do ,and 3 different types naan bread, and guess what they served every thing in 10 mins we are quite surprised did they cook the food freshly or not?? and started eating, I tell you what this most worst experience to me ,food was absolutely disgusting naan breads are crispy, birayani looks like paste, samosa and salads are not fresh at all and curries we can't find any difference, and another worst experience is customer service we ask waiter about wall decorative his response was very rude to us, totally they spoiled our dinner.

3  Thank Queenslander9
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Excellent hospitality. Best guidance about the menu. Courteous staff. Best indian taste in Queensland.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Dining experience was ok. Everything in one word was average. Staff weren't overly friendly, however, they were very efficient. Not sure I'd go back.

1  Thank aam917
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having grown up with Indian friends and spent a lot of time in India I can say there's nothing much that's authentic about Masala...and I don't understand why as there are plenty of Indians in Townsville!! When this place first opened I think the food tasted better. The service is always good and fast, pleasant staff and atmosphere but the dishes are average at best and nothing like you'd taste in India. As one previous reviewer mentioned - the raita is way too sweet and sickly and tastes nothing like a refreshing raita should, in fact it tastes exactly like the one you can buy at Coles, say no more. Such a shame...the food just lets them down.

2  Thank Townsvillepeeps