“Great dining experience”

Ranked #6 of 382 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Watermark Bar and Restaurant is Townsville's premier venue boasting breathtaking views of Cleveland Bay & Magnetic Island. Positioned in the heart of Townsville’s tourist hub - The Strand - The Watermark offers contemporary sophisticated dining and a relaxed alfresco sports and lounge bar. Renowned for its warm & welcoming atmosphere, The Watermark is a family friendly local favourite and the venue of choice for international tourists and interstate visitors. It's unique combination of open and intimate spaces makes it the ideal location for birthdays, special occasions, corporate functions and tailored events. From a prime beef burger to the freshest oysters; the best local beers to fine champagne; big screen sports to live music; a girls night out to a stunning wedding reception; - The Watermark Townsville is a benchmark venue with comprehensive appeal...
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My partner and I went there for a romantic dinner, this was my first time visiting Townsville so I looked Watermark up on the internet and it sounded like a good place to go to. We made a reservation the day before and once we arrived there Sat night we soon found out it was a clever move, since they had a wedding on the venue and there was a few couples tryin to get in but they were turned away from the door due to not having a reservation. It was pretty booked out. There was a waitress who looked after us, we ordered entrees and mains and it wasn't a long wait till our first course was on the table. I really enjoyed my prawns and my partner had the spring rolls. For main I had a salmon dish and my partner a prawn-pork wok. The food was really really nice. While we were having our mains we would've needed some more drinks and especially water but it took them a long while to even notice our table again. Finally we got a waitress to come to us, I asked for water and we ordered desserts. The desserts showed up but no drinks. I had to ask her again when she did apologize and brought some water straight away. We loved our desserts, they were the best part of the whole night. Overall I really enjoyed everything, just the service was a bit off from time to time. I would recommend just based on the food and the atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Watermark Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Watermark is quite simply the best restaurant I have had the pleasure to dine in. Away for a long weekend with 6 girlfriends, we couldn't help but go back again and again. The crispy soft shell crab, the Pork Belly, the Salmon, Warm Olives and macaroons....just to many wonderful dishes!!! The Staff were extremely attentive, ensuring we were looked after at every turn. Can't wait to re-visit next May!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I took my family for dinner here, the staff were very accommodating for us, made us very welcome. Service was good, you didn't have to try and catch their eye to get drinks. Nice views and atmosphere.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After looking at all the eateries on Palmer St, and not finding anything that took our fancy, we went along The Strand. We came across Watermark, walked in and were immediately greeted by an extremely efficient and friendly Manager. This was to be the start of an amazing dining experience. We have been to many hatted restaurants, throughout Australia, and I must say our experience at Watermark outclassed many of them, on so many levels! The food and service were both of the highest standard and the wine list was extensive. ( Coming from a wine region ourselves we are rather critical of this aspect.) Both the food and wine were very reasonably priced. As a result of our experience, we ended up eating here 3 times during our 7 night stay. Congratulations Clint (Manager) and Luke (Chef) you guys are outstanding!!!!! If anyone is travelling to Townsville, do yourself a favour and have at least 1 meal at Watermark, you won't regret it.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went on a whim on a Saturday night hearing that this is one of the restaurants to visit. I didn't have a booking but was asked for my contact details. This was a first! I didn't question it as the person who asked was in a suit and had a manager badge on. Was seated and had a lovely American waiter look after me. He was very accomodating. This place seems to be the place to be! People were everywhere and it reminded me of the restaurants in bigger cities. Run smooth with great food served fast and a FANTASTIC wine list - well thought out and so suitable to the food and cuisine. The shining star is the Asian guy! I asked for some wine advice and he had all the answers. It seems like he runs the place as watching him, he controlled the whole restaurant and everyone moved to his rhythm. He even controlled the sporatic "manager". It was magical. This is a place to visit!