“Really Disappointed”

La Porchetta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Visited La Porchetta for a rare dinner out with 3 small children to celebrate a birthday. It was loud, there were 2 large dead cockroaches in the disabled/babychange toilet, (which also had no seat) and a small live cockroach on the wall behind our booth, (which I had to squash in a serviette as it was freaking out my 3 year old son). Pizzas were well priced but ordinary, mains very ordinary. The only upside were the staff who were lovely.

1  Thank haybarr
There are newer reviews for La Porchetta

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Ordering took far too long, table service for drinks was abysmal and the wait for the meal was attrocious (over an hour).
When the meals finally arrived, the waitress had to be lassooed to get our second round of drinks (in an hour and a half) and when the drinks finally arrived, all but one of us at the table had finished our meals.
Food was okay but I certainly wouldn't rave over it, taste was average until enhanced with a touch of salt and pepper but had no other spices or flavours really to speak of.

Haven't been for a while, not intending on a return any time soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

If you want a quick generous meal at a very reasonable price, this is the restaurant for you. We went there last Monday night after an exhausting day at work. Had a large pizza, half meat lovers & half chicken BBQ. Very generous size. My husband & I are not small eaters. Wine list was well priced. The whole meal was $50. Very reasonable. Service was quick & friendly. Have been coming to this restaurant on & off for many years & always happy with service, food & the fact that they open at 5pm is fantastic. We can basically go straight after work. They also do takeaway & I'm pretty sure they deliver.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

La Porchetta makes really good pizza's, great toppings and very filling. I would recommend them. We phone order them and pick them up and drive to the strand and eat them overlooking the ocean.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The porc has always been my favourite whilst living in the gold coast. However the townsville one was a slight disappointment. Initial service was very friendly and prompt. Entree came out quick so did our first drinks.

However then we waited another 45+ minutes for our food and for further drink service. The restaurant was quite so staff and kitchen was not busy at all.

Food quality was good and most enjoyed their food. My boscaiola however was bland and boring. Some cracked pepper might have helped but wasnt offered.

Overall it was rather average mostly because of the wait for food and drink service.