“Great Townsville Dining Experience”
Review of Yongala Lodge - CLOSED

Yongala Lodge
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My partner and I went to Yondala for the first time this evening. The service was efficient, we had an entree, main and dessert and they all arrived quickly. The food was amazing and the signature French toast deserve was magical. All the staff were French which was lovely and they were all very attentive. They had a live musician in the corner and he really added to the experience. We look forward to returning again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We were expecting a romantic French meal and it started well with French wait staff and a French looking menu. However when we received our food it was noticeably Italian and quite off putting.
The bruschetta was the nicest part of the meal.
The service was good but way too fast. We wanted a romantic dinner but were seated in the middle of the room under bright lights. We were prepared to pace ourselves but were seated and had 3 courses in less than 70 mins. Felt very rushed.

2  Thank TravellingTootsy
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having just recently reopened as a French restuarant, we were pleasantly surprised. The food was quite nice, however my wife's steak was a bit under done. The service was great and atmosphere very nice

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We picked the restaurant for our first Kindy committee dinner and we couldn't have been happier. How refreshing it was to sit at a decent sized table in a decent sized restaurant and not bump into the back of a fellow diner's chair and that was with the restaurant quite busy on a Friday night. The atmosphere was really enjoyable and the food was a 10/10. I had the chicken for my main, it was completely divine and a great serving size. Then I had the cheesecake for dessert. Well I was so wrapped with my choice, it was heavenly, light and fresh with different textures from the cheesecake, crumble, fresh berries and gorgeous sorbet, oh yum yum yum! We didn't feel rushed or pushed to order, eat and leave, it was relaxed and comfortable and we could hear and enjoy the conversation of our table of 8. Absolutely loving the french twist on all aspects of the Yongala menu and with such a lovely experience with dinner I am very keen to get back and visit at breakfast time, the menu looks very enticing. Thank you team and well done on your transformation.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food and service staff were both French. The staff were discreet, timely and friendly and the food was excellent