All reviews nespresso machine rooms are amazing anytime fitness large car parking is limited bathroom amenities great stopover mini bar fantastic hotel bed and pillows night's sleep clean hotel on site parking would definitely stay here again across the road rooms are large recommend staying here
Reviewed March 21, 2016

I would like to thank everyone at the Clarion Australia, The service was outstanding, I never write reviews and probably will never again write another review however the service I received was outstanding and to good not to write about. Unfortunately during my trip to Townsville I got very Ill and was bed ridden I had to extend my stay to get better. While I was sick the staff organized a doctor to come to the hotel and I received a script to get medication the staff even went to the chemist to get the script filled on my behalf so I did not have to get out of bed. Unfortunately on my 4th day I was put in Hospital without a chance to pack up all my belongings the hotel staff were so nice they left all my stuff in the room for the 3 days I was in hospital and did not even charge me for the room I was even given a complementary night on my return to make sure I was well enough to travel. I would just like to thank everyone at this hotel for the outstanding service I was given while I was sick. Never in my life have I been treated like this in a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank lex584
Shane R, Manager at Clarion Hotel Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Hi Lex,
I am so glad our team could be of great help during your time here while you are unwell. thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience.
Shane

Reviewed March 20, 2016

Our Company always books me into Clarion hotels throughout Australia and I am always happy with what I receive, outstanding service and beautiful rooms. Love the touch of the coffee machine in the room. i was lucky enough to be upgraded to a King room and I have never seen a TV so big in a hotel not sure if all rooms are that big. Clarion Aus wide must have the same training for all there staff as they are always so friendly and helpful and go out of there way to assist you where ever they can.

Room Tip: I was in a king room and it was lovey
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
Shane R, Manager at Clarion Hotel Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2016

Hi Andrew, thank you so much for your great comments, I will defiantly pass on your comments to our team.

Reviewed March 20, 2016

Stayed here for a number of days when I first moved to Townsville in Feb 2016.
Overall it was a great stay - the room was immaculate, the bed super comfortable and included a pillow menu, everything is new and nice and well presented. The kitchenette is also well equipped.
The location is convenient, in the middle of the city but a quiet area, walking distance to Woolworths, cinemas, restaurants, breakfast places.
The service was generally warm and helpful (with the exception of one particular person who found everything to be difficult, including us extending our stay). There wasn't always someone on site, which I found disconcerting as they were didn't always answer the reception phone either.

Overall, I definitely recommend this place, particularly if staying in Townsville for longer stay or business

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business

Hi, thank you for your feedback, unfortunately our reception is not 24 hours but are working on that idea soon. Regards

Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

In the process of refurbish, but the new rooms are amazing. Great bed (think Sofitel quality), Nespresso in my room, completely new furniture and the bathroom was straight out of a design magazine.

But with the attention on making the rooms attractive, it was great to see they also thought about traveler practicality. Things like shelves next to the basin so there is somewhere to unpack your toiletry bag. Good lighting for shaving or doing your hair, a good desk to do some work, and a mini bar that has everything you need.

Sure the hotel is not on the beach or towering over a gorgeous view, but it's an easy stroll to the best restaurants and shops and the staff were eager and pleasant.

Can't wait to stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo

Hi Ozviking,
We are so glad you enjoyed you stay with us and pleased you liked what our designers did with our rooms.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

I visit Townsville every fortnight from Brisbane for work, and will continue to visit regularly.

The service which had started out so well has deteriorated badly. I found that even contacting anyone at reception to take a booking has been difficult. This evening I arrived at 10.30pm, having advised staff the day before of the time of arrival, to find no-one there to let me in.

When I rang the reception number I was told by the staff member they "were at the shops", were "ten minutes away", and a key had been left in the underground carpark.

I was travelling alone and had to leave all my luggage unattended outside the dark and locked front reception, while I went to the unlit,wet carpark to find a safe where the key had been left. Having no reception staff is really unhelpful. No instructions prior to arrival of any underground carpark safe, to be found in the rain after dark, is very unhelpful.

Not cheap, terrible treatment of customers - I'm sure there will be many hotels in post mining boom Townsville who deserve the business of repeat customers more than this place

Room Tip: Spend your hard earned elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Sally D

Hi Sally, Our team strive really hard to provide a great service and are quite disappointed that the service was not up to your standards. your review will be taken seriously and acted upon and changed made to ensure this does not happen again.
Hope to see you again soon