“Dining out”

Taj Mahal
Ranked #120 of 399 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Indian, Persian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: First Pakistani Restaurant in Townsville. We are committed to serve real taste of Pakistani food at a reasonable prices. It is BYO, dine in and takeaway restaurant. We are not charging "Corkage" to our customers.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had dinner at Taj Mahal on Sat 14th June 2014. The food was amazing. It was also gluten free. Will definitely be going back to sample some different dishes.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've eaten at Taj Mahal twice and I was more than satisfied. The flavours are authentic and the atmosphere is fantastic.

It is a little expensive, but I think you get what you pay for here!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food is okay but nothing particularly to comment on. The price however is very, very expensive. All curries are in the mid 20 dollar range and that's with no rice. I happily pay for quality but if you charge at the very high end, you have to deliver at the very high end and this restaurant is definitely not high end. There was nothing wrong with the food per se but a naan and curry with rice shouldn't cost over $30.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We went to Taj Mahal for dinner last night and were very impressed with the quality of the food and the standard of service. The meals came out quickly, had delicious authentic flavours and we were very happy with the size of the meals. We were also very impressed to see Persian Cuisine on their menu - a rarity in Townsville. The standard of service was excellent, the staff were attentive, friendly and went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed. Overall we were very happy with our meal and experience at Taj Mahal and will certainly return.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My Wife and I went for Dinner at Taj Mahal Restaurant.

We thought of having a fine dine in experience so we didn't mind paying extra few dollars for Curries and Naan's.

As we ordered Entree, we were told that Tandoori Chicken comes boneless "Only Breast & Thighs". So we thought of dropping the idea of entree.

We ordered our main course directly. Apparently Butter Chicken is suppose to have sugar in it so we changed it to Chicken Tikka. Along with Dal. Chicken Tikka was ok.Dal was better.

For the breads we ordered Naan. This was a major disappointment since it was nothing like Naan it was some kind of bread may be Persian Pita bread served to us. As per my understanding Naan's are cooked in a Tandoor. Naan's are suppose bring out a nice flavour of the food as you have it with the curry.

On letting the Lady owner know about the above she got a Chapati for me which wasn't prepared of Wholemeal Flour. And we were given complimentary Rice.

I have been having Indian Food since a child and this was not a experience I was looking for. Bread was a major Disappointment.

However the ambiance of the Restaurant was ok. Service was good as were the only one's in the restaurant. The owners were nice people to talk to.

I will strongly recommend to try other Indian Restaurants.