“Just ok”

Ranked #134 of 382 Restaurants in Townsville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Went here with high hopes but a bit of a let down. Food was great but having 2 waiters looking after a full restaurant was totally inadequate. Food very expensive. I think $8.50 for steamed rice over the top. Most Chinese restaurants would serve rice complimentary. Anyway I won't be in a hurry to go back. Plenty of other places to go in Townsville to eat well.

2  Thank Mark S
There are newer reviews for Dynasty Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I ordered the chicken with sea food, it was twice the size of my husbands dish so would be good to share, the seafood was cooked very well and we thought it was good value. The setting wasnt the nicest though and could do with a revamp. Id not rush to go back as I think there are better places in Townsville to eat.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I really loved this place. The food was spectacular and beautiful. We went for lunch and the food came out a little slow but it was worth the wait. Only problem is that it's quite expensive. Much more expensive than all other places. But highly recommended to eat at

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Based on a friends recommendation and the earlier reviews here my wife and I decided to head to Dynasty for dinner. The atmosphere and ambiance is perfect, even if a little dated.

We thought the service was fantastic, very personal and I can't say enough about the manager. From start to finish she is involved, personal and really friendly.

We started with the hot and sour soup. Wow! It really is fantastic. Incredibly flavorful and a joy to consume from the first to the last mouthful.
For mains we had the chilli mud crab (you choose your own live crab) and the duck with Chinese mushrooms. Although, the chilli crab was tasty, after the hot and sour experience I really would have liked it to have more chilli. The duck with mushrooms was delicious, well cooked and spot on in terms of expected flavour.

I was disappointed with the lack of meat in my crab for the price and I pointed this out to our waiter. He didn't say much and said he would speak to the chef. OK, I thought. Some time went by and I was starting to think well that was it, when the manager came over. She apologized and explained that its not easy for them to see how much meat is in a crab, given the shell, but they were busy cooking another for me as we spoke. Just like that. No hassle no fuss. A few minutes later a brand new dish arrived, freshly cooked. I am so appreciative of the way they handled it. A fresh crab was beyond what I expected, I had thought that at best they may offer me a price reduction. When we went to pay our bill we received yet another apology from the manager and she was genuinely concerned as to whether we had enjoyed ourselves.

Some reviews have mentioned that this restaurant is pricey. I don't believe the prices were any different from what I would expect to pay elsewhere for similar dishes.

Thank you to all at Dynasty for such a great experience.
Food = 5 stars
Service = 5+ stars
Will we return = definitely.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

over the last 2 decades I have eaten here a number of times. We came here in December with some friends for the first time in ~10 years.
It is a lovely restaurant - it is more than your typical Chinese restaurant, but it could be improved a lot to validate its price tag on the menu.
Service is sensational and almost second to none - in its own eclectic way. Don't think the owner/waiter is rude or short towards you, he's not, it is just a funny way of communicating and it humourous if you get it.

Me: "What light beers do you have"
Owner: "Maybe you would like a water instead"

But it's not a rude tone, just funny - seriously

Food - it is really good - maybe slightly oily - and with such an extensive menu you will find what you want somewhere on those pages.

I only gave it 3 stars because the value for money is not there. But then, this place has been here for decades and they are definitely getting most of it right. Maybe I'm being too harsh?? Okay - 4 stars.