“Happy diners”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Nova
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The service, food and atmosphere was excellent. Will be going back as soon as possible

1  Thank Cheryl H
There are newer reviews for Cafe Nova

Reviewed July 1, 2011

One of the better cafes in Townsville. A great place to go before or after the movies. Excellent for a snack, a meal, or just coffee and dessert. Their cakes are very yum!

1  Thank MissMaryMac
Reviewed April 22, 2011

This little restaurant was a complete supprise great pizza deserts to die for and the biggest cup of coffee i have ever seen

1  Thank Sunnygirl518
Reviewed January 21, 2011

The food and service at this restaurant are outstanding and being a discerning diner I honestly feel it is a privilege to eat here. When I eat out my expectations are that I am going out for a culinary adventure where a professional chef is going to serve me up a dish prepared with a level of skill/technique that I do not have at home. So many of Townsville’s fine dining establishments are disappointing in this regard, so when my wife and I stopped off at the Cafe Nova one night a few months ago for a coffee and snack I was blown away. When you walk into this establishment, essentially a coffee shop/cafe, you expect that you may be served the same dreary fare as most similar establishments. Nothing could be further from the truth, everything is prepared fresh and as a result you can taste the layers of flavour and the fresh ingredients used. Pasta sauces are beautifully textured with chopped fresh herbs, for example. The soups have that hearty homemade feel that actually makes soups worth eating. If you're in the mood for a sandwich I highly recommend the Nova Special, the layers of flavour in this sandwich are divine! The deserts and cakes are made in house and are irresistibly fresh and delicious. The service is quick and very friendly and it’s great to eat at a restaurant where genuine enquiries are made as to your enjoyment of the food you are eating.

We have been back a number of times since our first visit and I have to admit that this is the only restaurant in Townsville where I feel compelled to have three courses each time I go for a meal! Not good for my waist line but it’s hard not to want to experience as many of the culinary delights this place has to offer as you can because each dish is such a delight. If coffee and cake is all you're after then you have come to the right place, for my wife and I, the chatter buzz of the coffee shop ambiance serves us well as a wonderfully relaxing place to enjoy an exceptional meal for a lunch or dinner.

I urge you to treat yourself to Cafe Nova as I believe you will not regret it. Well done to the owners and staff for a very well-run establishment!

(I am actually salivating as I write this so I guess lunch is taken care of for today)

5  Thank calimnet1