See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 11, 2015 via mobile

Spent one night in this hotel which is well located in the center of the town! Maybe be too central as you enjoy from your room the noise of the neighborhood (restaurants and bars...). The staff is nice but rooms are very basic. Not not expect anything romantic!

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed October 25, 2014

Very clean, nice and spacious room. What more can you want. The shower brilliant pressure. Didn't even notice the renovation going on other than the cover inside the lift. Good nights rest and off again.

Stayed: October 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2014

Lets start with the positives, it is in a great location, close enough to walk to the heart of town. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the air con worked and thats about it.
We arrived as close to two as possible, we were 15 minutes either side, and our room wasn't ready yet so they moved us. This would have been great if the new room was a queen bed like we had booked, but it was a double. The bed was really uncomfortable and stuffed to the point that it rolled us both into the middle.
There was only 1 bedside table and lamp.
No desk chair.
No toilet seat cover.
Minimal room for toiletries in the bathroom, meaning we had to put our gear on the ground.
The workers failed to remove the protective covers in the lift each night making it feel like a padded room.
In one word disappointing.
Would i go back? No!

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TWH77
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stay at this motel quiet regularly with my children when in townsville visiting family. Fantastic prices the rooms are clean and The staff are extremely polite and helpful which also made my stay even more pleasurable. It's great location is a plus an the extra big rooms are great for my children. Now that the renos are underway I'm sure the staff are glad the new elevators got put in, as they would always take my luggage up the stars for me ( I don't pack light) I look forward for my next stay in the very near future.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Wow - I stayed at this hotel some months ago and I returned and it is all starting to happen, the new lift has gone in and the renovations have started in the reception area, and the room are to commence in July and from what I saw from the staff the end result will amaze Townsville. They are also changing the the Name and becoming a Clarion Brand name. The hotel will be a must to stay at when all completed. I stayed in a sample room and it was amazing. Great to see Townsville will have a real 4.5 star hotel in the City. The staff as usual were amazing as usual.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business