Sunbird Motel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Coolabah Motel(Townsville)
View Hotel
All reviewsbillabong sanctuarybruce highwaycomfortable roomair conpetsstopoverkettlenoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We needed something close to the Billabong sanctuary since we were going there first thing in the morning. The Sunbird motel was perfect - just down the street (highway). Our late arrival was not a problem, and we even ordered a full cooked breakfast which was delivered to our room the next morning
Room was clean and quiet, bed was comfortable and big enough for the 4 of us (kids slept on a bunkbed).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lanamom
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

2 people for $ 85 suited our budget quite nicely.
We were put in a room with a double bed and a bunk bed double and single on top (I guess there were limited rooms) the bunk bed had a lovely wooden colour with plenty of space if you are staying as a family.
It had a large tv, comfortable beds, fridge, microwave and toaster. We were given the wifi password but we couldn't find it on the computer as if we weren't in its range.

I would defiantly recommend Sunbird, but be careful not to leave any food out. We bought a pizza from dominos and left it on the side for the morning but a huge line of ants had found it's way into the box so we couldn't eat any of it. My drink on the bedside table was literally full of tiny flies so I think the room needs to be bug proofed abit.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked this accom for my son who was driving from Surfers to Cairns for a job. He didn't want to waste any time going into townships; he just needed a comfortable bed near the Bruce Highway, a good meal and hopefully a friendly welcome. He stayed there last night and said it was amazing...super comfy bed, great meal, everything very clean, new furniture and the owners were fabulous! So thank you Sunbird Motel for doing such a great job in welcoming and looking after weary travellers such as my son.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SydneyDeedee
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Everything was super great ... excellent customer relations from the time of phone reservations to check-in; the Manager / Owner Tony was super dog & people friendly; the very large room was spotless and well equipped (TV, MW, kettle & toaster), the Q/S bed was super comfortable; the linen was fresh, crisp and had a 'new-feel'; and the rooms were well maintained. Likewise so too were the gardens ... plenty of green lawn for my dog to run (on his lead). Definitely one of the best 'Pet Friendly Motels' I have stayed in. This motel is 10kms from the city on the south side of Townville ... it is right on the Bruce Highway however the road noise wasn't a problem (I felt it was peaceful from 10pm-8am) as I slept very well. The room rates were excellent ... and there wasn't a surcharge for having my dog with me. This motel had absolutely everything I needed for a stop-over so I thoroughly recommend for those travelling with well behaved clean dogs (I am sure Tony doesn't need the other sort). And if you don't have a dog ... this is still an excellent stop-over choice. Thank you Tony ... I will definitely be staying on my way back north in August.

Room Tip: Excellent Pet Friendly Accommodation
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Helen L
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Throughout the whole process from reservation to checkout was outstanding. They offered great facilities including outdoor cooking kitchen. The Managers and Owners went above and beyond to help us out as we stayed for a week while we looked for a rental as we relocated to Townsville. The gardens are well kept and its quite peaceful, a great vibe all round. The beds were very comfortable also. We would recommend this motel highly its worth the money and experience.

• Stayed: July 2013