“Hotel room?” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Central Kensington by Vivo
“Hotel room?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Ok, not expecting much but seriously, no microwave? I can get them for $49 from the good guys. BRAND NEW!!!! Could fit on top of the fridge in the cupboard!!!! I can handle the shoebox room but just want to heat up a frozen meal. Disappointing!

Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

First time staying at the new Q Resort rooms and was very pleased . Rooms are brand new and finished to a high standard . reception staff were friendly and helpful . Location is central to the Townsville CBD and offers secure parking .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Maroochydore, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Once again picked this place for cost as we were in Townsville overnight for work. $109 for a hotel room but it had no outlook & no atmosphere. I realise this is a new resort & perhaps the finishing touches are still coming!, however at present the resort has no soul. The rooms are nicely furnished but are really just a box of a room, mutton dressed up as lamb. The bathroom was well appointed but something was missing - I think the room overall just didnt give you that nice feeling! On top of this my husband almost broke his toe on the 3cm step up into the bathroom which is a major fault design! There were no wine glasses - this is in my opinion is unspeakable!!! and there were no human niceities like a plate, a knife, bottle opener or munchies (just in case), a shame for all of these missing items. On a positive note the bed, linen & pillows were lovely & cable TV was provided. I think the thing that disappointed me the most was the pool. It was totally sterile & uninviting. There was a table with 6 chairs & a BBQ, but not a deck chair in sight. I laid my bath towel (no pool towels were provided) on the plastic deck surrounding the pool & tried to ignore the 500 workers next door who were building a skyscrapper - I know Q Resort cant help construction, however some effort could have been made to make the area a little private, and perhaps even comfortable for the guests! My overall feeling of the pool area was, we prefer that guests do not use this area but if you must, please be quick & under no circumstances.... enjoy yourselves.

Give me an older style room with character, cleanliness & charm any day over a room that is new, sterile & small. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ASSunnyCoast
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely modern apartments, beautifully clean and a great nights sleep. Special mention to the two ladies in the reception office who went above and beyond and were extraordinarily helpful and friendly. What a credit to your team.

Location is ever so slightly out of the town but bus service runs very close and there is a fantastic cafe opposite. Made use of the pool also which was lovely.

• Stayed August 2013
israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

It's a new building.
we took the one bedroom apat. It was big, comfortable, we could stay there a month. Its actually a flat with a lot of space.
When we booked, we booked the studio, but it was so small that we couldn't even put our 2 suitcases in. So we upgraded to the one bedroom, which was like 3 studios combined.

there is still constructions near by, but it we didn't ear.

Go to see the sunrise on the top of the castle hill. An amazing phenomena, while we drove up the hill, locals were jogging up the hill with flashlights!

Room Tip: take a one bedroom apt.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarpl
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a business trip. Initially when I drive there in the evening from the airport, it almost looks as if it’s in the middle of nowhere. There didn’t seem to be anything really in the immediate area. But then if you head from the accommodation to the city you realise you’re very close to everything and could walk into town.

I had a hotel room as opposed to an apartment. It was reasonably priced for Townsville and although the room was quite small, everything was new, modern and clean which I like. Check in was not at Kensington apartments but at the apartment block right next to it which is also part of the same group. Reception was open until 9pm. The check-in was easy and receptionist friendly, helpful and efficient. I could park the car in car park on the ground floor of the apartment block. It was a secure car park so no security issues and plenty of spaces to park in. My room was on the 3rd floor which you could take the lift to from the carpark. As I said, the room was small – but had a fridge, tea and coffee facilities, flat screen TV and internet access which was really all I needed. There was also a desk area and chair. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was powerful and hot. I didn’t have a balcony but had windows that faced onto the main road but also Castle Hill. I didn’t really notice any road noise so it seems to be well sound proofed. The bed was lovely and comfortable and the pillows were great too – I had a great night’s sleep here. The only slight downside was there was only a very small area to hang up clothes above the fridge but as I was only there for a couple of days it didn’t matter as I didn’t have much luggage. There is a small pool in the complex which I didn’t use. Opposite the Kensington apartments is a cafe which served good coffee and sit in or take away breakfast (the bacon and egg roll with hollandaise was lovely!).

Overall, the place is good value for money and I’d happily stay here again. .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sarah B
Mirboo North, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I booked a standard, one bedroom hotel room for less than $70 through an internet site and on arrival was upgraded for free to a one bedroom apartment on the top floor. I was also given a complimentary bottle of white wine. The apartment is self-contained with oven, stove, microwave, large fridge, cutlery and crockery. Laundry facilities are in the bathroom. There was a large LCD TV and comfortable couch. Large Queen size bed with ample closet space. This is the type of accommodation you could easily live in. It was not serviced. I think they service if you stay more than 5 days. There is a rubbish chute outside for rubbish and brooms etc supplied. There was construction right next to the apartments which they state on their website but I really couldn't hear anything. There is a balcony with table and chairs. Pool and gym. Everything is spotless and so spacious. The rooms are quiet although, being on the top floor, I could hear the wind whistling. My mother commented on it but it didn't bother me. I've stayed at Q resorts Holborn before with my family and had the same wonderful experience. The staff are very nice and helpful. Since I use public transport,I was grateful to have a bus stop right outside the apartments. This is the only accommodation I'm happy to stay at when I'm in Townsville.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family