“Fantastic steaks and best desserts”
Review of Ribs and Rumps

Ribs and Rumps
Ranked #7 of 382 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Ribs and Rumps, every occasion is a celebration of life. It's the place to catch up with friends or share special moments with family. We're just as serious about you having a good time with us as we are about our Ribs and Steaks.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The pork ribs are delicious, not a huge fan of the beef and lamb (the lamb ribs are really fatty). The steaks are fabulous but the real winners are the desserts. Excellent drinks, especially the cocktails. Just be prepared to pay the price, you get what you pay for! You can also grab some take away if you don't feel like dining in.

There are newer reviews for Ribs and Rumps

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I only go to this place for the ribs. I love the pork ribs. Not particularly cheap for a chain restaurant, atmosphere is non-existent & the service is hit & miss (most staff are just kids) but overall pretty good.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Went with my wife and son. We arrived at 5pmish and the staff were in a meeting. An Asian girl, Bandana, I think her name was met us and showed us to our table.

At first service was a little slow, perhaps because of the meeting but it got a lot better.

They made my son feel like a star. Everyone who served us, Mel and a few others paid special attention to our son.

The food itself was good. Not the best steak I've had and the plate seemed a little empty for the money paid but what was there was pretty good.

My wife had the salmon which she loved.

Wine was nice. We had the screaming pig.

Seems like a nice trendy place for young people to arch up for a great night.

Overall, it was a great night. Thanks, we'll be back

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place is the place to be seen its forever full of people. Great service and ambiance. One issue is the noise so conversation can be a problem with everyone talking loud to be heard but that's what happens in busy restaurants...We both had the Rib Eye and chips, delicious, glad the waitress talked us into one side salad as it was big enough for us to share. Desserts are plentiful I had ice cream/topping and hubby had the chocolate mousse cake, it was the biggest slice I had ever seen.
Yes its very expensive to dine here but worth it for the one night.
Our only issue is you pay for every extra they can think off so it does add to the bill. Yes we would recommend this place for an experience...

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went here as a couple in April 2013. The place was fully packed, only had to wait 5 mins for a table. We were served promptly and didn't have to wait too long for food.

Steak was amazing, but vegies were quite hard.

The prices are a little steep for what you get, but other then that we have no complaints.