“Not crap, but not great either”
Review of Ribs and Rumps

Ribs and Rumps
Reserve with
Ribs and Rumps is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 369 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Ribs and Rumps, every occasion is a celebration of life. It's the place to catch up with friends or share special moments with family. We're just as serious about you having a good time with us as we are about our Ribs and Steaks.
Earth
“Not crap, but not great either”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My review would be similar to phily1989's review. Chips were fairly greasy and overdone and the steak, whilst it was cooked to my liking of medium rare, did have a prominent burnt taste. That was the 350g Rib Eye. No salad or veg, that's extra. My meal was $37. Not exactly value for money.

Wife had the Caeser salad and had a few noticeable greasy fingerprints around the plate. The chicken in the salad, while tender, was fairly burnt where it was the grill.

Service was good, the lady who looked after us was courteous and had a smile, something lacking with a lot of other waiting staff at other restaurants.

The restaurant itself looks nice however, this is the kind of restaurant not suited for couples or the traveller on a budget. I saw lots of families and large groups of friends enjoying themselves and ordering the ribs (which looked like mountains of food) so I guess its more orientated to that demographic.

I've had worse but this is one of those forgettable places. Haven't tried the OBJ's restaurant next door yet but the Metropol restaurant further down the road had some fantastic meals and at decent prices.

• Visited December 2012

Townsville Australia
“Overpriced”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was a bit shocked by the prices for what was essentially a pub meal. Nothing out of the ordinary here and a bill similar to that of a nice restaurant. On the plus side I liked the decor and the staff although not terribly experienced did try hard and the meals came quickly.

• Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“expensive and small portions”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Visited this place for the second time. The steak was small and fatty and expensive. the chips were over done and hard and greasy. The mash was cold. What annoyed me most was that they do not give veg or salad with the meal. It is EIGHT DOLLARS extra for a tiny side of salad or veg and its $3 extra for a tiny side of sauce for your stake. Another thing. Whilst having our entrees, had not finished and the waiter put down our mains. We were made feel rushed and un wanted. If you are considering eating here don't be fooled by the prices in front of you for mains because everything is extra.

Canberra, Australia
“Yum”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My partner and ate here on a Saturday night... it was so busy which is always a good sign! The service was fantastic, very attentive waiter the food was yummy! My fiance had the ribs etc and expressed it was amazing and would definately have it again. My only critisim would be they only have vegetatian lasagne for vegetarians, I know its ribs and rumps but... My partner loves it here and being a vego myself I would come more often with him if there was more vego options... although the lasagne was very nice a big portion :)

Melbourne, Australia
“Yumm!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had walked the whole esplanade looking for all the choices of restaurants we were expecting and were bitterly disappointed at one hotel style place with a 45 min wait on food, a coffee house and a restaurant whose menu and staff looked quite intimating! Even the back streets fared no better so a very helpful taxi drive later and we were in Palmer Street. Had a great meal at Ribs and Rumps, the staff were very friendly and helpful without being too over the top as is sometimes the case in a franchised American style restaurant. Steep prices but by this stage we were too hungry to care and decided it was well worth it anyway. The balcony seating was welcome on a warm night.

• Visited October 2012