There is no way this is a 4 star hotel.
- It has great views of Magnetic Island and of up and down the Strand (the main esplanade) from many of the rooms (I was on the 13th floor which was good for that).
- You can see back on to Castle Hill from the corridor.
- Airconditioning was good.
- Well located to the Strand and cafes (which is important as there is no restaurant there).
- Bed was fine.
- Self contained which might be good for some people.
- Needed a paint job both in the room and in the hallway (hallway paint was 1970s green and white) - paint was peeling off the cupboards in my room.
- Noisy - could easily hear next door.
- Toiletaries were basic and hand cream was in one of those squirty thigs you get in public toilets.
- No restaurant or cafe - breakfast is via room service only. It was much cheaper to walk two short blocks and go to one of the cafes.
- Room service dinner from one of the local restaurants called Sorrentos - I did not try this so this is for info only.
- No security to the floor at 10pm with no-one at reception. I walked right into the lift (no need to put a card in or anything) and up to the floor so anyone could have done the same thing. It may be that security comes on later but this was late enough and made worse in that no-one was in reception to check.
I would not stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aquarius on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius On The Beach Hotel Townsville