All reviewsmini fridgepool area isenjoyed my staynice poolfacilitiesferry
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Good value and location on palmer street, close to good value places to eat.
Nice pool on the top deck, cooking areas and pool tables, plus other things to keep you entertained
My double room was basic but exactly what it was meant to be, a comfy bed, mini fridge and air con. 10 minute walk to the centre of town and ferry terminals
The staff were nice also

Stayed: May 2017
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2017

We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay here at Adventurers Backpackers Resort. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best of luck with your future travels. Kind regards, Jessica

Reviewed May 6, 2017

My partner and I booked this place 2nights for Grooving the Moo festival. Here are the points we really liked :
--Everything was clean even if the backpackers was full !
-The staff is lovely. I was feeling sick, I had the flu and asked the lovely receptionist (Jess) for a blanket, which she did. She also offered me tea and asked me how I was feeling the day after.
I work in an hostel and it is always much appreciated when the staff take care of you, especially in such a big place.
-The manager (I believe she was, blond hair with great smile) was lovely too.
-The pool at the top is nice and clean
-Plenty of space in the kitchen
-Even if the place was full, there were always showers available and all the facilities are clean
-Good location and free indoor parking
-Free coffee and tea
-Fridge in every room

The first night was very noisy, however we were expecting it as it was Grooving the Moo festival, so all the young people were coming to party. We were older than the average people here (I am 31 and my partner 42) but still it was fun and interesting for us to meet people. Plus I am sure this place is more quiet the rest of the year.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Adventurers Backpackers resort. We do our best to ensure that everything stays clean even during big events like Groovin The Moo. We are sorry for the noise, it is not a usual amount of noise during staying here at the backpackers. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best of luck with your future travels. Kind regards, Jessica

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed 3 nights, the staff were so helpful they picked us up from the bus terminal & took us back there when our stay ended. The rooms are large with comfy beds & air con + a fridge, would definitely stay again!

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Ellie1996Kitty
Adventurers_Resort, General Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that your stay here was more than satisfactory. We do offer a free shuttle to ferry or bus terminals and try and pick up guests whenever it is possible.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

The location was kinda off but the free ride to the ferry was kind. Not the best hostel but it was alright. Big rooms and a nice pool area. The free breakfast was good. No wifi as they said on the website, only a computer in the reception.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank DayTrip695473

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the free shuttle to the ferry terminal as well as the free breakfast and that the room was a good size with a pool area for all guests to use. There is free wifi available in reception and I am sorry that you missed out on using this. There are also computers to use in reception as you pointed out. I am sorry that you didn't like the location, but we are only a 10 minute walk from the main high street and located very close to the ferry terminal.
We wish you all the best on your travels in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Boxing Day, so not your usual experience but nobody was at reception on the day for check in or the following morning to check out. I didn't feel safe there, seemed to be people who were not backpackers around the area. We didn't expect luxury, but our air conditioning didn't work, there was bin juice that had dripped whilst being carried from the amenities area all along the walkway and it felt like a dodgy motel rather than a hostel. Perks- shower and toilets were clean and the pool is lovely.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michaela M
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory stay here at Adventurers. We strive to keep the entire place clean with a very efficient cleaning team. We can assure you the area is very safe and although there are people staying here whilst they work in the area, we try to keep backpackers and other residents separate to ensure the comfort of all our guests.

We apologise that you had no contact with staff whilst here to reassure you; over Christmas we have more relaxed opening hours.

We are pleased to hear that you found the bathrooms clean. We wish you safe travels.

Kind regards