All reviews mini fridge pool area is enjoyed my stay nice pool facilities ferry
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed 3 nights, the staff were so helpful they picked us up from the bus terminal & took us back there when our stay ended. The rooms are large with comfy beds & air con + a fridge, would definitely stay again!

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Ellie1996Kitty
Adventurers_Resort, General Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2017

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that your stay here was more than satisfactory. We do offer a free shuttle to ferry or bus terminals and try and pick up guests whenever it is possible.

Thank you for your review and we wish you the best of luck with your future travels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

The location was kinda off but the free ride to the ferry was kind. Not the best hostel but it was alright. Big rooms and a nice pool area. The free breakfast was good. No wifi as they said on the website, only a computer in the reception.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank DayTrip695473

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the free shuttle to the ferry terminal as well as the free breakfast and that the room was a good size with a pool area for all guests to use. There is free wifi available in reception and I am sorry that you missed out on using this. There are also computers to use in reception as you pointed out. I am sorry that you didn't like the location, but we are only a 10 minute walk from the main high street and located very close to the ferry terminal.
We wish you all the best on your travels in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Boxing Day, so not your usual experience but nobody was at reception on the day for check in or the following morning to check out. I didn't feel safe there, seemed to be people who were not backpackers around the area. We didn't expect luxury, but our air conditioning didn't work, there was bin juice that had dripped whilst being carried from the amenities area all along the walkway and it felt like a dodgy motel rather than a hostel. Perks- shower and toilets were clean and the pool is lovely.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michaela M
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory stay here at Adventurers. We strive to keep the entire place clean with a very efficient cleaning team. We can assure you the area is very safe and although there are people staying here whilst they work in the area, we try to keep backpackers and other residents separate to ensure the comfort of all our guests.

We apologise that you had no contact with staff whilst here to reassure you; over Christmas we have more relaxed opening hours.

We are pleased to hear that you found the bathrooms clean. We wish you safe travels.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 12, 2016

Very nice duoble bed room with a fridge in it ! Also nice beds and perfect to stay for a cheap price. You get a free breakfast with tea and coffee O_O Nice pool with a fresh breathe and a gym. They have a big kitchen and all facilities to cook :)
Highly recommended :-*

Room Tip: Quiet place with much space for ya.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nicobeckmann
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your spacious room, rooftop pool, gym and large kitchen. The pool is a great place to go and unwind for the day or start your day overlooking the river and the kitchen definitely provides good space for everyone to spread out and cook with room to spare!

I'm so happy your enjoyed your stay with us here at the backpackers. We hope to see you again next time you are travelling through Townsville!

Happy travels and all the best,
Victoria

Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Came here on an overnight stop before heading up to Cairns, I arrived and reception was closed at midday which was odd, so I sat in the courtyard area and they where playing reggae music, which to some gives a hint that drugs could be used on these premises. Finally got to my room which was basic but nice. There a was a horrid picture that on absolutely no terms should seem acceptable on the wall saying 'Bart Marley, smoke de herb man' absolutely disgusting to think the owners find that acceptable. There are lots of dodgy people living on these premises which at night makes it quite a scary place to be. For those sociable travellers this place is not for you, it is extremely quite and anti-social. I wont be returning in a hurry.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
4  Thank samwarby
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2016

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies you did not have a good experience at our backpackers. We do sometimes play reggae music but I can assure you we are not using drugs, it is just simply nice summer music especially for the pool, although I can understand where you are coming from. It is also unfortunate that you happened to get our one room with the reggae poster. We are always happy to move our guests if they are unhappy with their room in any way and we try to accommodate any needs our guests may have so I am very sorry we could not fix this while you were here. As for the other guests, the owner lives on premises and makes sure it is a safe place to be especially at night, we do not welcome dangerous guests to stay here. Again I am very sorry you had a less than satisfactory stay here with us and I wish you all the best with the rest of your travels.

Best regards,