All reviews mini fridge pool area is enjoyed my stay nice pool facilities ferry
Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

Came here on an overnight stop before heading up to Cairns, I arrived and reception was closed at midday which was odd, so I sat in the courtyard area and they where playing reggae music, which to some gives a hint that drugs could be used on these premises. Finally got to my room which was basic but nice. There a was a horrid picture that on absolutely no terms should seem acceptable on the wall saying 'Bart Marley, smoke de herb man' absolutely disgusting to think the owners find that acceptable. There are lots of dodgy people living on these premises which at night makes it quite a scary place to be. For those sociable travellers this place is not for you, it is extremely quite and anti-social. I wont be returning in a hurry.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
4  Thank samwarby
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2016

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies you did not have a good experience at our backpackers. We do sometimes play reggae music but I can assure you we are not using drugs, it is just simply nice summer music especially for the pool, although I can understand where you are coming from. It is also unfortunate that you happened to get our one room with the reggae poster. We are always happy to move our guests if they are unhappy with their room in any way and we try to accommodate any needs our guests may have so I am very sorry we could not fix this while you were here. As for the other guests, the owner lives on premises and makes sure it is a safe place to be especially at night, we do not welcome dangerous guests to stay here. Again I am very sorry you had a less than satisfactory stay here with us and I wish you all the best with the rest of your travels.

Reviewed November 8, 2016

We stayed here for one night - Nice rooms and comfy beds. There are lots of facilities like a big kitchen, TV and pool! The staff are really friendly and helped us book transport. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank ge0rginax0
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2016

Dear Guest,

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and could take full advantage of our large kitchen and roof-top pool! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Townsville.

Happy travels!

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before our magnetic island trips and we are glad it was only one night.
We were told there was a shuttle to bring us to hostel from terminal but when we arrived and called reception we were informed it wasn't actually working on that particular day even though we had arranged it already.
The rules regarding a charge if you leave the aircon or lights on while out of the room made us feel uncomfortable because it would suggest the owners check your rooms while you are out. Also surely in the hot climate you would be allowed leave your aircon on so you can come home to a cool room?
Our door would not lock from the outside but reception was closed when we figured this out. The "breakfast" was terrible .. 2 slices of toast and tea which the water was barely even warm.
The space is clearly way too big for the cleaners to maintain. The rooms had no theme and we had printed out pictures stuck on our wall.
We did enjoy the thick mattress and the shuttle to the ferry terminal the next morning. Other than that the rooms are not worth the price.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Reviewingtheviews
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2016

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay and that there was a mix up with the shuttle!

With regards to the air conditioning, the cleaners just simply knock while they are going around, and if we notice a room which is unoccupied we try to turn them off. This is to keep costs down and it is also more environmentally friendly. It only takes a few minutes to cool the room so we ask that it is turned off during the day. This is similar to a hotel which has you insert your key to turn on any lights or air con, we try to save electricity while guests are out and about.

We do have an after hours number located on the reception door which you can always ring if there are any issues. Some doors can be locked from the inside and pulled shut, we will make sure to tell our guests in the future so that they can lock their doors. Thank you for this advice.

Thank you for your feedback on the morning toast, coffee and tea. We are a backpackers so we do not provide on breakfast but we try to provide something to get your day going. We turn the kettle on in the morning when we come in so it does take some time to warm up. I will make reception aware to put it on high so that it heats faster.

Again my apologies for your stay not meeting your expectations, I appreciate your honest feedback and we will make changes accordingly. I hope you enjoyed Magnetic Island :)

Reviewed August 31, 2016

This place looks like a scene out of a scary movie. Several junkies everywhere, we felt really unsafe and didn't leave our valuables in the room whenever we left. We only stayed one night as we needed a place to sleep while driving the east coast and we should have just slept in the car. This place is unsafe and easily accessible to anyone in the area. I would definitely advise avoiding this place.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ellede2016
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review, we apologise you did not have a great stay with us. Management has been made aware of the issues and we are working to mitigate the concerns you have shared. We do have secure locks on each door to ensure your belongings are safe so please let us know if yours was broken in any way so that we can fix that promptly.

Again, my sincere apologies, I hope you have a safe travel along the rest of the east coast.

Victoria @ Adventurers

Reviewed July 14, 2016

Like many young travellers this was chosen because it is a cheap place to stay, however for quality, it's the worst backpackers I've ever stayed at.

We arrived as a late check in which was fine, you just have to inform the reception because they close at 7pm. On arrival we were a bit surprised to find the backpackers so out of the way, in an alley really. A man, who we later discovered as a worker at the backpackers, explained to us where our single (double bed) room was.
On entry to the room we were quite disappointed especially because we were exhausted from an adventurous day on Magnetic Island. The mattress was obviously very old as it completely sunk in the middle and our 2 nights stay were both not good nights sleep due to this. We were given 1 sheet which was disappointing and surprising because although we don't experience insane Winters here in Australia, it still gets quite cold at night time. We read (no one told us) on a sheet of paper on the stair way that you could hire blankets for about $5 total - very bizarre.
As we've found with all other backpackers (around 8 that we've stayed at in Australia) - you can easily hire bathroom towels, however this didn't seem to be an option? It wasn't written anywhere and it was never spoken about. On the night of arrival we went down and asked for a towel and were given someones left behind unwashed beach towel with holes in it.

When I stay at backpackers, I by no means expect luxury, however I do expect that things look clean. The bathroom was definitely not clean - with dirty floors, nothing to dry your hands with and no soap (even after the cleaners had gone through early in the morning). The laundry area was exceptionally unkept, with a heap of tiles missing (stacked around the area), ironing boards which looked more dusty and dirty than you can imagine and 2 washing machines/dryers which were placed obscurely around.

The two nights that we stayed here were not enjoyable at all - we dreaded going back to the place.

We did however have a place to 'sleep' and shower, so I guess thats what we paid for.

Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elsie L
Adventurers_Resort, Manager at Adventurers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Dear Elsie,

My deepest apologies that your stay was not a good one and I really appreciate the detailed feedback so we are able make improvements to our facilities. We have since replaced a few mattresses which were older and repaired bed frames which will hopefully fix the bedding issue. We have also changed our signage so that our guests can have better access and awareness to our hostel information, highlighting our towels and blankets for hire, especially for guests with a late check-in! We do have nice clean towels for hire so it is odd that you received an old one with holes in it and I will most certainly make sure that all staff are informed of this because this is unacceptable. We have new cleaners to ensure the bathrooms and laundries are kept more tidy as well as well stocked with soap and hand towels for guests' convenience. Unfortunately we had some damage and were re-tiling one of the laundries while you were here and I apologise for the unsightly appearance during your stay. This has since been repaired and the ironing boards have also been replaced. Again, I am deeply sorry you had a less than satisfactory stay with us and I wish we could have done something for you while you were with us; but due to your feedback we have been able to make many changes which will hopefully improve future guests' experiences. We thank you for your honesty!

Kindest regards,