“Business made nicer”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Margate, Australia
“Business made nicer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Lovely room with a wonderful view of Townsville marina and city. The room was quite and had everything you needed for a business stay.

The reception desk provided advice if breakfast was prepaid it was quite discounted. I think it was around $16. The breakfast was fantastic - egg station - the omelette was fantastic. All of the other options were fresh and coffee was good. The view of Magnetic Island and the pool looked fantastic. Carparking valet or a car park which was about 100 metres from the entrance.

The location is a bit outside of the CBD but only about a 5 minute drive.Staff were lovely.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Jodie_de

Thank you for your wonderful review of Jupiters Townsville. I am delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I definitely agree with you, our current Aqua breakfast offer is exceptional value. This offer is available to our Hotel guests staying Sunday and Monday nights and will extend until the end of June. Our friendly Reception staff can assist guests who wish to take advantage of this offer.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville.

Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Not a world class hotel. Room service ceases at 12am.......wow. The general service is slow and back to the future. Took 2 hours for meal at restaurant. Rooms are neat but bathrooms dated. Was expecting far more from Jupiter!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Richard N
Dear Richard N

I am disappointed to read that you have not rated your experience at Jupiters Townsville highly.

As we offer our guests room service from 6am until midnight every day, with an extended trading period until 2am on Friday and Saturday nights, it is regretful that this has not satisfied your requirements.

Richard, unfortunately I am unsure as to the circumstance that you have highlighted regarding restaurant dining experience. As such a delay is highly unlike the service that we are committed to providing, I have spoken with our Director of Food & Beverage. Please be assured we have followed up on your concerns, however, we have not been able to identify the circumstance that you have mentioned. As any delay for an awaited meal can at times feel lengthy is would be most regretful if we had not met your expectations on any occasion.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed in Townsville last weekend for work. This place is a fantastic place to stay I was in the executive suite that had a beautiful view of magnetic island the pool and the port. The room was top class. Looked like it was just renovated or was just built. The bathroom was amazing you honestly couldn't ask for more. It had a see through the room class bathroom with fogger ! Just in cAse you don't want someone too see you and had a great choice of bath / shower handle / or roof shower !

Food choice in the restaurant downstairs was top class - but remember to book - it's well know for its steak - breakfast in the other restaurant was like any hotel breakfast very average

Anyway for the price $200 +I thought was a bargain and I would highly recommend this place for a romantic getaway or anything you need to stay in Townsville. Will be back

Room Tip: Executive suite is definitely the way to go- overlooking magnetic island rather than Townsville cent...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear cv4565

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville, it is always very pleasing to know our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

Our Executive rooms are certainly the perfect choice, either Marina or Ocean views, to enjoy the sights of Townsville’s local landscape. It is a delight to know that you have enjoyed the comfort of your room and we appreciate your recommendation to visitors travelling for work or pleasure.

I have also read your review for Kōbe, our steakhouse restaurant that you have mentioned, and I am delighted that you have rated this experience so highly. It is very disappointing however that our delicious buffet breakfast has not exceeded your expectations.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell us a little about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Always nice to go into a casino and feel part of a classy environment. Great service staff all round, very friendly and attentative to all patrons needs. A mixed crowd blended well, no sign of riff-raff, bad manners or underdressed loud mouths and show offs. Congrats security staff for blending in well, discreet but polite when approached, unlike some places where they seem intimidating.
Downside.... I lost tonight, but hey, you cant win em all as long as you had fun!!!! I did

• Stayed May 2014
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Della B

I am pleased to read that you have rated the atmosphere in our Casino highly and that you have had an enjoyable evening.

It is not often enough that our Safety and Security team receive the compliments that they are deserving of, thank you for your thoughtful compliments of the professional service that they provide.

Kindest regards.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I went up to Townsville for business for one night and was my first trip away on my own. The staff were fantastic they made me feel so welcomed. The room was lovely very homely and tidy. I had dinner in the hotel and the staff were so friendly made sure I had everything I needed and really looked after me. Was a nice stop over would of loved to stay longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Miss Kylie86

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville. We are delighted that you have had a comfortable stay with us and that our friendly staff have looked after you, ensuring you feel very welcome. We certainly hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you next return to Townsville for business or pleasure.

Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked one of their Executive Rooms, which is the best of their studio type rooms (before you move into the suite rooms). We were very lucky in that our room was located on the top floor and had an ocean view.

The room was very comfortable, with a large bed and nice furnishings. We particularly liked the large bath and rain shower in the bathroom. If we were being picky, the toilet was a little close to the wall which made going to the toilet a bit of a hassle (couldn’t access the paper all that easily!). Still, hardly worth mentioning and certainly didn’t detract from the overall experience.

The food we found to be a little overpriced in the different resaurants that we went to, but as they are separate businesses from the hotel itself, we can’t exactly have a negative attitude towards the hotel.

And of course, the casino was fun if a little small. We had been hoping to play some poker, but only the roulette and blackjack tables were running unfortunately.

All in all, a fun couple of days and the accommodation at Jupiters was certainly very good and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Bite the bullet and get the exectutive rooms. But I'd suggest a marina view not ocean!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Catherine_8_1989

It is very pleasing to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Jupiters Townsville. We are delighted that you have relaxed in the comfort and luxury of your Executive room. The Marina view certainly offers a beautiful cityscape, magnificently lit up in the evening; or the Ocean view provides a tranquil setting with views to Magnetic Island.

We are delighted that you have had a number of experiences while staying with us, including dining in the restaurants and visiting our Casino. It is unfortunate that you have not enjoyed all aspects of these experiences but it is pleasing that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Kindest regards
Malanda, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Upon check in I was told they had given me a free upgrade to an ocean view room, I thought that was great. However the room was very basic, the air conditioning was old style with minimum functions, one bed had stains on the runner, there was dust on the bin in the bathroom, the towel had black hairs on it and the shower had only two settings, boiling hot or freezing cold. Terrible considering I paid nearly $300 a night. Also the rooms are not sound proof at all so the first night I got woken up by the music from the wedding reception outside by the pool as well as being able to hear loud and clear the room next doors tv.
As for the Aqua restaurant, I had the buffet dinner there on the first night. They only have 2 seating times so you cannot choose when you want to eat it's either 5.30pm or 7.45pm, disappointing considering it's a buffet and shouldn't be that big of deal to eat when you want to. The food was mediocre considering it cost about $43, I was dinning alone so got put in the corner with a bunch of kids who weren't even seated with their parents??? The staff however were pleasant enough.
I again went to the Aqua restaurant for the buffet breakfast. Again 3 seating times so I chose 8.30am. The food was stone cold, the muffins were stale and the pancakes were stiff and stale, I almost needed a steak knife to cut through both. Not great considering it cost $30.
All in all I would never stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kim C
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Kim C

I am very disheartened to read your experience, as I am confident that the complimentary upgrade was offered in good sentiment. It is therefore most regretful that on this occasion you have been dissatisfied by your experience.

Kim, as your upgrade was from the Marina view to an Ocean view, a popular preference with many of our guests, your Superior accommodation type was unchanged from your original booking details. It is very disappointing that you have been dissatisfied with the overall amenities in your room and unfortunate that these concerns may not have been brought to our attention during your stay.

It is extremely disappointing that you have not enjoyed either of your dining experiences in Aqua. We often receive such positive responses to the delicious variety of fresh menu selections, it is therefore disappointing that this has not been your experience. Please be assured that our helpful wait staff are always available to assist if our guests have any concerns.

I am saddened that you do not wish to return and I have forwarded your feedback to the respective department managers for their knowledge.