“Mixed feelings about Jupiters” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ville Resort-Casino

The Ville Resort-Casino
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Townsville
“Mixed feelings about Jupiters”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My partner and 5 year old stayed here last Saturday night. We are due to have our second baby in a few weeks and my partner works away a lot so we were looking forward to a mini break. My daughter and I checked in and that was all okay, friendly and helpful. The room was really nice - we stayed in an executive room facing the ocean, the bath was magical. The problem with our stay and why we wouldn't return is they had a function on that evening around the pool and the noise was really quite ridiculous. I kept thinking they'll turn the music down soon 10pm past, 11pm past and finally at midnight it was turned off and we could sleep. It was not at all the relaxing, comfortable night we had imagined and for $200 it really is bad service. I would have preferred to pay less and have stayed on the other side of the hotel and perhaps had some sound blocked or have been notified on booking and we could have stayed somewhere else. Breakfast in the morning was really good but $75 for the 3 of us is really pricey and after the night before we were a little over it and really more tired then when we arrived. My partner I think was the most disappointed because he really wanted our last break together to be relaxing and it really just wasn't. I wouldn't recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Caseyxo
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Casey

Congratulations firstly on the expected arrival of a new addition to your family.

I was disappointed that you had not enjoyed your stay and that we have not met your expectations on this occasion, for this we apologise.

As a popular entertainment and events destination in Townsville, Jupiters regularly hosts private functions as you have mentioned. I would like to assure you we are very mindful of the comfort of our Hotel guests and our Reception team are always willing to assist where possible. Our Duty Manager is also available 24 hours per day to assist with any concerns or enquires from our guests. It is most regretful if you were not aware of this service.

Casey, should you chose to return to Jupiters Townsville, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly reception team as inform them of your preferences as we will be happy to assist were possible.

Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Indonesian first
Lapstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Couldn't really pick any faults with the service and comfort of Jupiters where I stayed for two nights. The Hotel is situated just under 2 kilometers from the city centre, and close to the departure point for the ferries to Magnetic Island. Fabulous views from nearly all of their very spacious rooms, some facing the ocean and magnetic island on one side, and the marina, city and mountains on the other. The staff were all very friendly and willing to help. Three restaurants and the food was fabulous. Good very comfortable bedding and large functional bathrooms. I was able to snatch a very reasonable price for my stay which made it great value for money in my case. They have a fabulous swimming pool and outdoor seating where you can look over a large lawn area to Magnetic Island and a good gym.

Room Tip: Be aware there are no floors 4 to 10. Floors 1 to 3 are reception, casino, ballroom and restaurant...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear ShepLapstone

Thank you for your fabulous review of Jupiters Townsville. It is fantastic to read that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the friendly and helpful service provided by our team.

I agree our location offers many benefits, including picturesque views and is only a short stroll to the Ferry terminal. Perfect for anyone wishing to explore Magnetic Island.

I hope you had time to work out in the gym, relax in the sauna or take a dip in the pool during your visit. I also think the pool is amazing, perfect to cool down in the summer weather or lay back in a deck chair and enjoy the sea breeze.

I have also taken the opportunity to forwarded your compliments on to restaurant managers so they can share your comments with their teams. I am sure it will be appreciated.

Should you return to Townsville and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Having read the reviews before my family stayed over the Labour Day long weekend, I was apprehensive of the accommodation that I have booked. The Superior rooms (my room type) have not been renovated but they were nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was functioning including the air-con. We had a room that was facing the front and it was nice and quiet. However, we did notice that there were parties going on (quite noisy) at the rear where the pool was and the lawn that was used for entertainment and weddings.
We had the dinner buffet at the Aqua restaurant. Food was good and the spread was generous. Value for money if you have children below 12 dining with paying adults.
I guess value for money depends on what you paid for and the type of product that you got and the overall experience. It's a matter of tastes and expectations.
We were pleased with the accommodation and the overall experience and will definitely consider this hotel in future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front with the city view are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear RLYP2012

Thank you for your review of Jupiters Townsville. I was very happy to read that you have recently stayed in one of our Superior rooms and found it ticked all the boxes. We often receive similar comments from other guests upon check-out, especially stating the beds have been really comfy and perfect for a great night sleep.

We appreciate you taking the time to offer your thoughts about your dining experience in Aqua. There is always a great selection of fresh, delicious menu items making Aqua a popular choice with our visitors and locals alike, and certainly provides great value for money.

I am delighted that you have had a memorable experience and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed in an executive superior room with harbour views and a stunning bathroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Aqua's breakfast buffet was very comprehensive and fresh. Minor blemish is the gym which is very old and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose an executive superior room, worth the little bit extra
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lindsay M

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at Jupiters Townsville and thank you for taking the time to review us. Please be assured I have forwarded your comments to our Rooms Division Manager and our Property Operations Manager for their review and consideration.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters on your next visit to Townsville.

Maffra West Upper
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The casino was extremely good value for money. The rooms were good, the facilities also great, and the restaurant didnt disappoint with the seafood buffet, and service. All in all a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear 94Bernadette

Thank you for your recent review of Jupiters Townsville. I am very happy to read that you weren’t disappointed by any of your experiences and I am especially pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the overall you had a great time.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Townsville.

Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for a night in an executive room with partner for our wedding anniversary. A bottle of wine on ice was waiting for us as we entered our stunning room, with sea views and a bath room to die for! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Aqua's buffet was enjoyable especially the hugh range of desserts to choose from. We were very impressed and loved our stay.

Room Tip: Try and get an ocean view room to see the amazing views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear my3girlz123

Congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing to stay at Jupiters Townville to celebrate this wonderful occasion. I am delighted that the special touches from our dedicated Hotel staff have ensured this has been a memorable day for you.

I am pleased that you loved all aspects of your stay, from the exquisite Executive room to the delicious menu selection in Aqua. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the respective department managers.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters soon.

Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

The service was very good. The staff were helpful and attentive, and the food in the restaurant was good - not great but good. Breakfast was included and it was quite good.
However, the Casino is out all by itself - there is nothing else here. It is a good and enjoyable walk back to go along the waterfront. And the hotel, particularly the room was tired and getting a be shabby.
I wouldn't stay again until it's been updated.
Look for deals with dinner and breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear RedPuffin

Thank you for your glowing review of the service provided by our friendly and attentive team at Jupiters Townsville.

I was disappointed to read that you have been dissatisfied with your hotel room on this occasion. As we have completed renovations to our Deluxe and Executive accommodations, I would like to recommend either room type on your next visit. If you contact our friendly reservation team they will be happy to assist with selecting a room to suit your preferences.

Jupiters is perfectly located within walking distance to the Ferry terminal that accesses Magnetic Island and within close proximity to Townsville’s beachfront promenade, The Strand. I certainly hope that you have had the opportunity to visit these popular destinations during your stay. If not, be sure to take some time on your next visit, I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters when you next visit Townsville.