“Excellent Hotel Friendly Staff, Clean- amazing outlook”

The Ville Resort-Casino
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent Hotel Friendly Staff, Clean- amazing outlook”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and 3 boys. We stayed on one of the executive levels and it was amazing from the view to the bathrooms. I would highly recommend this hotel. it is in a lovely position and has a good pool with open area for running.
Close to a variety of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best, nice to wake up to the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear HappyMum3Boys

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Jupiters Townsville.

The views from our Executive accommodation levels certainly provide an a beautiful, uninterrupted view to Magnetic Island or a picturesque evening city scape that is only rivalled by the gorgeous Marina view through the day.

I am delighted that your family has enjoyed our beautiful poolside area and that it has been a highlight of your stay. I agree that it provides the perfect area for kids to have a great time.

Once again, thank you for your thought feedback. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It looks fab on the advertising photos, however the hotel is old and need an urgent lift. Worst part, I booked a room with a king size bed and a large room and when I checked in they did not have the room and I had to get a smaller room with 2 double beds. The manager is helpless, tottaly ignore your comments. I was expecting a good hotel as Jupiter Cassino is known for. VERY disappointing, never again.

Room Tip: Look for other hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Maga0808
JenniferSheppard, Customer Enagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Maga0808

I am disappointed that your expectations have not been met after your recent stay with us at Jupiters Townsville. We often receive praise for the level of customer service and facilities that ensure our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

We have recently completed refurbishments to our Deluxe and Executive accommodation levels, casino, restaurants and public facilities; therefore it is regretful that your review does not reflect this.

It is very unfortunate that we have not been able to provide your choice of room configuration on this occasion. Room configurations can only be guaranteed when bookings are placed directly with our friendly reservations team.

While we can appreciate the convenience that booking through third party website can provide, room configurations are not guaranteed in these circumstances and subject to availability. As you have not mentioned if the booking was placed directly with us or through a third party website, I can only assume it is the later.

Please be assured we are committed to providing the highest level of customer service and endeavour to accommodate all of our guest’s requests. If you choose to return to Jupiters on you next visit to Townsville, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly reservations team so we may assist with your preferences.

Melbourne
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay in one of the superior rooms, very nice and comfortable, but starting to get a bit tired. Also the shower was over the bath which i dont like, but it did have a handrail and a fixed glass screen which made it awkward to get into the bath.
I got a special sale price for the room, I dont think I would have been happy if I paid full price.

The specialty restaurants were extremely expensive, as was breakfast at $30 ( I paid that for the smorgasboard dinner the night before, which was nice as far as buffets go)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Lidia R

Thank you for taking the time to review our Superior room accommodation after you recent stay with us at Jupiters Townsville. While we have completed refurbishments to our Deluxe and Executive accommodation levels, similar renovations to our Superior room accommodation are yet to be completed.

May I recommend either a Deluxe or Executive room when you next stay with us as I believe that either selection will provide the level of comfort and finish that you may prefer. Our friendly reservation team will be happy to assist you with any preferences that you may have.

We do offer a buffet breakfast at Aqua, which is priced at $29.95 per person; I believe this is what you are referencing in your review. I will certainly forward your feedback to our Food & Beverage Operations Manager for review and consideration. Please be assured our buffet menu is priced competitively in the market place, ensuring value and quality.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer a reflection on your stay with us and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Townsville.

Yours sincerely

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I travel to Townsville on occasion for business and had previously stayed in town but the last 2 trips I have stayed at Jupiter's at first I thought that a Casino would lack the peace that I prefer after a days work but I was nicely surprised. In addition to the great views of the Sea & Magnetic Island the rooms are spacious and very nicely decorated with all the right services.
As I usually have a fair bit of work to do in the evenings I really appreciate the room service or if I have the time a workout in the Gym followed by a dip in the pool. The business trips have taken on a touch of pleasure since staying at this venue.

Room Tip: I recommend booking an ocean view on a higher floor if available it really adds to the experience.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Graham B

Thank you for your fantastic review. I have to agree, Jupiters Townsville, provides an ideal destination for the business traveller and holiday maker alike. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and that you have made us your home away from home.

We are certainly spoilt by our tranquil location with views that are second to none. Not to mention the selection of restaurants and bars, entertainment and poolside facilities, including a gym available to our guests, all within close proximity to Magnetic Island, The Strand and Townsville’s CBD.

With our friendly team committed to ensuring each and every stay is memorable, it is hard to imagine that you would ever want to leave.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Townsville.

Yours sincerely

Mackay
Reviewed June 13, 2013

On our first night of our honeymoon, travelling north, we stayed here, and it was lovely. Service wonderful, and was upgraded to a gorgeous room, with a exquisite bottle of champagne ... Very worthwhile. Their buffet breakfast is definitely the best we've ever tried. Highly recommended place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear HapWedBA,

Congratulations! I am delighted that the small touches from our attentive team at Jupiters Townsville have made the first night of your honeymoon one to remember. Thank you very much for your wonderful review and recommendation.

I will be sure to pass your kind words to the respective department managers so that they may share this with their team members.

I wish you many years of happiness together.

Yours sincerely,
Brisbane
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Townsville Jupiters complex recently for a work trip and conference. If I had the choice, I would not stay again.
The rooms were fine, nothing special. Bathrooms are small. Bed was comfortable.
Service was... interesting. The guys out the front on concierge/valet were very friendly and lovely. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the service desk staff. On asking if there were anywhere to grab a cup of coffee there at about 9 am, I was told to try the cafe in the casino. It was not open. I ended up being able to order one at the buffet restaurant downstairs. They didn't seem as if they wanted to help me, I felt like I was in their way. Not really good enough for a casino and four star hotel.
Breakfast was good, in fact breakfast was the only meal I enjoyed at the hotel. My colleague and I couldn't find anything decent, relatively healthy and gluten free for lunch on the hotel menu (a requirement for one of us), so we ended up tripping into town (it's a good 15-20 minute walk from town or a 5 minute cab ride). That night we had a conference dinner at the function room in the hotel. My main meal was inedible - I ended up going hungry that night.

Overall the rooms are fine, so perhaps if you are just visiting for one night, or really want to go to the casino, consider Jupiters. If you're looking for something more, look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JazzyJeffrey
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear JazzyJeffrey

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville after your recent business trip. It is terribly disappointing that your experience has been littered with a number of negative experiences.

Your commendation for the service provided by our front drive staff is appreciated however it is regretful that this has not extended to all staff. Please be assured we are committed to providing a very high level of customer service to each and every guest, therefore I have forwarded all aspects of your feedback to our management team to review.

I sincerely apologise that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

melbourne
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at jupiters a few times now and each time it is really pretty good but this time all the staff were much friendlier than any other time I have stayed there. The Spin restaurant has improved a lot as well. The food and service is now very very good. The only complaint I have about Jupiters overall is the shower head was woefull which I have found each time I have stayed there - I stay in an "executive" room so I would expect a decent shower but no happened so far

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are about the same- I have stayed in a different one each time and they have a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank imanaussie2
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear imanaussie2

I am delighted that you have once again enjoyed your stay at Jupiters Townsville. Our friendly and attentive team are committed to providing our guests with a level of customer service that is second to none.

Our Food & Beverage team have been working hard to tempt our guests with great menu selections. I am therefore pleased that your experience at Spin has been gratifying.

Your concern, regarding the shower head in the Executive rooms, is being considered by management to ensure that we are able to meet the expectations of our future guests.

Thank you again for your review of Jupiters and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely