“Rundown false advertising”

Chifley Plaza Townsville
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
“Rundown false advertising”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I am here in a room that is supposed to be an "executive room". What an absolute joke. It is a very average room that needs a complete overhaul. The only thing in the fridge was a small container of milk. The tea and coffee sachets were the cheapest grade and the artificial sweetener sachets were completely hard which to me says they are out of date and not checked by housekeeping. Not even a pen and notepad in room. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank jj2708

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

Good morning to all the team at the Plaza Hotel

I have never written an email like this before, as the need has never arisen.

In my role, I travel frequently and have stayed at many hotels around Australia. For the last 12 days I have stayed at the Plaza Hotel and will be here for another 5-6 days.

Words cannot describe the level of service and customer service that I have experienced during my stay.

Even with the Hotel going through renovations and changes, ALL staff have been for the lack of a better word “PERFECT”.

Our Company Owner had his daughters 21st at the Hotel last year, and this will be my second time that I have stayed, and will certainly not be the last.

I cannot thank you enough for the Hospitality and reception that I have received during my stay. I feel more like part of hotel rather than just a customer.

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to staying with you in the future.

Janet....you are a legend. I have and will be highly recommending the Plaza Hotel to other Companies that I know.

Take care and all the best for the future.

Regards

Michael Vassilakos- JP Qual
STATE MANAGER - CFT SECURITY
Townsville - Bowen - Mackay - Rockhampton - Gladstone - Brisbane

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

In May 2011 I conducted training at the Plaza on behalf of the Qld Chamber of Commerce and Industry the service and assistance provided by Ms. Desleigh Drew as the Plaza contact person was of the first order and without same the training would not have been as “coordinated” and successful as it turned out to be. Desleigh represented the Plaza in a very professional, competent and personable manner and I am most grateful for same

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in May 2011. He is dying of cancer and this was supposed to be our 'last memorable holiday together'. When the lift doors opened we looked at each and thought 'uh-oh'.

There were street works going on , so we asked for a quiet room, and when we opened the door, the tap in the bathroom was running and couldn't be turned off, the toilet seat was broken, there were stains on the carpet, and the hallway was dirty.

So we went downstairs and complained and we put on the 5th floor, to a better room....but it still needs a major overhaul...pictures on the internet can be very deceiving!!

I must say one of the staff was extremely nice to me, and very compassionate.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank apatchie
PlazaManager2000, Manager at Chifley Plaza Townsville, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.
I am sorry to hear your stay was not as expected.
The property is in the middle of a major refurbishment, with the 2nd batch of rooms due to open on the 1st of July 2011.
We are renovating a floor at a time to eliminate guest disruption.
I hope top see you again at the new Plaza Hotel Townsville.
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Had a conference here, could not do enough to help out. Excellent facilities and very friendly staff. The room was new and comfortable. Vry well done.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we are working hard to make our hotel a "great hotel stay" in the city of Townsville.
Your comments encourage us to provide the best hotel experience possible.
Thank you.
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

our room was a so called "Deluxe Rm", room, it stunk, air con/heater totally rusted out, tiles missing from the shower, carpet frayed, toilet seat absolutely disgusting, we walked in and walked out, we were offered an alternative but declined, how could you possibly allow such a room to be available for guests!!!

Keith Houghton

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kit1452
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.
I am sorry to hear your stay was not as expected.
We are renovating a floor at a time to eliminate guest disruption.
I hope top see you again at the new Plaza Hotel Townsville.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

The hotel is ideally situated in the city centre. The bus stops are situated opposite the hotel and offer services across the towns. The restaurants and night clubs are at a short distance. The staff were extremely helpful and the service was good. The negative was that the AC in our room was not working due to the on going renovation but the manager gave us another room when brought to notice. The parking is charged at 10 dollars. Overall a good place to stay value for money indeed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family