I chose this hotel because it was 4 star rated & central location. I have stayed in 4 star and above in the UK and this is sadly lacking. I was staying with an Australian resident & even my friend said this sucks for 4 stars!! The smell other reviewers has suggested is correct, The staff on the reception are very ordinary considering I thought emphasis was placed on "Tourism". Bathroom bin was not emptied after first night as I was booked in for 2 nights and it was my time of the month. Pubic hair found on the tea spoon :(. Fridge leaking and the carpet was wet & seamed to be spreading. I started to wonder on my second day how fresh the bedding was as could detect a stale smell (it is not possible even in hot weather to keep the air con on as there is no personal temperature control so it does get very cold).
The wardrobe smelt stale and musty and I did not feel I could use it :(
I would consider spending a bit more for another hotel - definitely!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Southbank Townsville sits in the heart of Townsville's foodie precinct on Palmer Street and only a short stroll to the CBD. Our hotel is the gateway to Magnetic Island & Great Barrier Reef. Business and leisure travellers alike will appreciate our central business district location near all the premier shopping, dining and entertainment areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Southbank Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Southbank Hotel Townsville
- Townsville Rydges Southbank Hotel