Stayed here twice now, and between both times (with more than 6 months in between them) the place hasn't changed at all. The room decor is dated, TV etc is all dated and mid 90s. The bathroom was small and pokey. Can hear neighbouring rooms showering or flushing toilet if you are in the bathroom. Bed was comfortable but the airconditioning was too cold (tried to turn up the heat but it seemed to not do anything - and there are notices directing you to NOT turn off the aircon) - and there were no extra blankets in the room so didn't sleep that well. Ate from the 'casual dining' room service menu the first night which was mediocre to put it nicely. Second night ate at the restaurant across the road (Tuesday) and it was half price pizza and pasta - very nice meal and great service (and a third of the price of the overpriced in-house restaurant). Breakfast is good - usual hotel buffet fare. Overall, it is a decent place to stay - great location and ok rooms. But it does need an update pretty urgently if it wants to stay competitive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Southbank Townsville sits in the heart of Townsville's foodie precinct on Palmer Street and only a short stroll to the CBD. Our hotel is the gateway to Magnetic Island & Great Barrier Reef. Business and leisure travellers alike will appreciate our central business district location near all the premier shopping, dining and entertainment areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Southbank Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Southbank Hotel Townsville
- Townsville Rydges Southbank Hotel