The room I was in was very tired. Scuffs on the wall, paint peeled in the bathroom, concave mattress. Faux-wicker furniture which was reasonably clean at first glance, but deep dust enbedded in the 'wicker'.
The plumbing: creaked and whined everytime someone somewhere turned on the water.
The A/C too cold even when set at 28 degrees. A note taped to the wall said something like 'Please do not turn off the A/C because the warm tropical air causes the fire alarm to go off'. Excuse me, it is winter, even in the tropics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Southbank Townsville sits in the heart of Townsville's foodie precinct on Palmer Street and only a short stroll to the CBD. Our hotel is the gateway to Magnetic Island & Great Barrier Reef. Business and leisure travellers alike will appreciate our central business district location near all the premier shopping, dining and entertainment areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Southbank Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Southbank Hotel Townsville
- Townsville Rydges Southbank Hotel