Stayed at Rydges Townsville for 3 nights and was not impressed. I am a Rydges member and would have to say that Rydges Southbank is the worst one I have stayed at. Rooms are old, run down and smelly. Bathroom is from the dark ages. Beds are hard, old and need replacing to be up to standard with the better Rydges hotels out there (dreambeds). Service from front reception was rushed and rude (she was too busy talking to her friend at the time to answer any questions) Location is the only plus, the hotel is in the CBD and close to restaurants. Do yourself a favour if you are travelling to Townsville and stay at Hotel M or the Oaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Southbank Townsville sits in the heart of Townsville's foodie precinct on Palmer Street and only a short stroll to the CBD. Our hotel is the gateway to Magnetic Island & Great Barrier Reef. Business and leisure travellers alike will appreciate our central business district location near all the premier shopping, dining and entertainment areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Rydges Southbank Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Southbank Hotel Townsville
- Townsville Rydges Southbank Hotel