Stayed here again this year for the V8 weekend and again found the hotel to be a comfortable, clean, friendly place to stay for a few days. The rooms are fresh and more than adequate, the beds are super comfy. I don't agree with other posters on the hotel being "tired" in the public areas or the bathrooms not being refurbed. The fact is the hotel is old but I experience internally is a hotel that has attended to the things that are important to me when I stay - is the bed comfortable, can I get sport and movies on TV, does the shower work properly, is it quiet at night, is check in easy .... on all of these points the hotel gets top marks. In fact even though the shower is over the bath (not a fav of mine) the actual shower was brilliant with strong water pressure and plenty hot water! It is always easy to pick fault in hotels of this age, my feedback on this one is that they have done a super job of working with what they have and focusing on the things that guest actually needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Southbank Townsville sits in the heart of Townsville's foodie precinct on Palmer Street and only a short stroll to the CBD. Our hotel is the gateway to Magnetic Island & Great Barrier Reef. Business and leisure travellers alike will appreciate our central business district location near all the premier shopping, dining and entertainment areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Southbank Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Southbank Hotel Townsville
- Townsville Rydges Southbank Hotel