“Townsville Holiday”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tasmania
“Townsville Holiday”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The stay was generally comfortable and enjoyable. The room was a little smaller than expected and lacked comfortable chairs for relaxation. It did have a small table with two dining type chairs. No outdoor seating near our room. There were no benches in the room or bathroom for puttin items. We had to make sure the toilet did not keep running after flushing.The pool area was beautiful- warm water, clean, well appointed and relaxing. Dining facilities varied. The food was generally very nice and good variety although we did have a couple of minor mix-ups with our orders. Meals took considerable time to arrive but were freshly cooked. and enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

richo59, General Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

You can opt to choose either our Deluxe Balcony Rooms or Family Rooms which offer all guests private seating areas overlooking our gardens and beautiful lake.

Peter Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had an enjoyable stay. We were there for a wedding that was held at the resort, the location of the ceremony was romantic and beautiful, food great and reception venue very well presented.
The rooms were comfortable and clean.
Loved relaxing by the pool and reading. Found it to be quiet and enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Holzingers,

Congratulations! I am sure you had a great wedding at Mercure Townsville. I am glad to hear that our staff made it memorable.

Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here on a number of occasions. The staff always welcome us as friends and we were given a room upgrade. Restaurant staff were also very friendly and we had good service and great meals. We will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

richo59, General Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear holidaymouse52,

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide consistent service to all our guests.

Moama, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Nice stay but needs a lot of work to the rooms, very ran down. Entry foyer beautiful. Breakfast are not very big & people walking thru to room access. Constantly had to ask for things at breakfast. Staff lovely but don't fill thing up. No one helps with bags etc & outside stairs to access rooms

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kym B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Townsville. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I will be ensuring that we bring about a positive change in the quality of service provided at the restaurant during breakfast service. The staff at the Front Desk are always happy to ask help guests with their luggage, but it appears in your case this was not done. This has already been communicated to the guest services team.

UK
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Loved this as it had a really restful air at the end of 2 weeks of a different resort every night. It had a lovely family feel and all the rooms are located around a pool, spar, restaurant and bar. Overlooking a lake to the rear it has a fantastic open space foyer which gives the whole place a bigger feel than it has.

The day we were there it was hot hot hot so the shaded pool and ground floor (slightly dark) room was lovely and cool. We ate in the restaurant and the staff were chatty and friendly but unobtrusive, the food really tasty and reasonably priced. The superior room was actually smaller that other cheaper ones (so no 5 stars) but really OK for one night. I may have felt differently had we booked for a week.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms near the pool can be dark so ask for an upper one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pumski,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am also happy to hear that you enjoy your stay at Mercure Townsville and found our staff to be friendly.

We also offer Deluxe Balcony Rooms and Family Rooms which are perfectly suitable for long stays. With private balcony overlooking the lakes, these rooms are more spacious and designed with all the modern amenities.

Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

this is now far from my first choice of accor motels in townsville, getting a phone call after 3:00 telling me my room cannot be guarenteed after 4:00 was poor. Lucky i wasnt on a plane and could answer the phone.
After the last time I stayed I said I wouldn't again, gave another chance and that was deffinately the last

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank caitdav82
Dear caitdav82,

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Due to high occupancy on the night of your stay we would have given you a call to provide a credit card to guarantee your booking should your arrival be after 4pm.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013

They have done a great job on the shared facilities! It looks lovely and very confortable. The pool and gardens are beautiful. Once i got to my room however, my feelings have changed. I have opted for the one of the more expensive rooms with a king size bed and had to double check that i was in fact in the room i ordered as it was less then expected. It was however sufficient for a one night stay. It was large and had a nicely renovated bathroom. The water pressure was the best out of any hotel i have ever stayed in! But i would not call it a hotel, rather a renovated motel. The carpet in my room was so badly stained i did not want to walk barefoot. It had scatter of rust coloured drops all over one of the areas, which made me come up with millions of reasons where they come from. And one questions - why didnt anyone try to get the stains out?
On the bright side, the beds are good, towels fresh and service was excellent. I found stuff very helpful, which seem to be true across all of the Mercure hotels i used. I had to wait for my flight later in the day and was allowed to chill at the pool for as long as i needed.
In all, i will stay in this hotel again, but will ask for a room on the second floor this time, maybe it would be nicer?

Room Tip: Go for the more expensive rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
richo59, General Manager at Mercure Townsville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Divs74,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am also happy to hear that you enjoy your stay at Mercure Townsville and continue to receive consistent service and value.

I have passed on your comments to the houskeeping team regarding the carpet stains and I am sure we will come to a solution soon. While the carpets are regularly treated there is a certain level of discoloration due to regular usage. And lastly, we are more than happy to move you the upper level for your next stay.