“Dissapointed”

Ranked #73 of 380 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: OPEN 7 DAYS FROM 5PM. We serve inexpensive high quality food in a uniquely designed atmosphere. Everything from salads, burgers, best quality steaks and authentic Mexican dishes.
Townsville, Australia
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Have been here many times before and service is getting worse every time I go. This time we had a booking, told them when we arrived, 20 mins after our booked time we asked if our table was ready only to be told they didn't know we where there! We were then given a booth with a shorter table pushed up to the end of it so 11 of us could sit together in a very cramped space on 2 different levels. We then had to flag down staff after sitting there for 30 mins to order our meals and drinks as no-one came to the table. Our drinks then took another 45 mins to come out and our meals even longer. No-one came back to see if we wanted more drinks or even dessert. As we were paying we asked if they were busier than normal thinking that may have been a reason for the poor service but was advised it always gets busy on a saturday night. Maybe you need more staff or better trained staff or don't book as many people in if you can't handle them.

• Visited February 2013
Pierre P, Social Media Representative at Cactus Jacks Cannon Park Townsville, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi tanyan720

Your experience at Cactus Jack’s Cannon Park does not sound like it was very pleasant. This is disappointing for me to hear as it’s not the way a Cactus Jack’s is supposed to operate. I’m sorry the service you received was unsatisfactory and I’d like to put you in touch with Amrit Singh, the manager of the Cannon Park Cactus Jack’s either via telephone or email. The email address is manager@cactusjackscannonpark.com.au and the telephone number is (07) 4723 7839. You can reach him after 2pm from Tuesdays to Saturdays. I hope we can resolve this issue for you so that next time, your experience is true to how a visit to a Cactus Jack’s should be. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Belinda Colledge
Social Media Representative
Cactus Jack’s Bar and Grill

“Great atmosphere, but weak cocktails”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited the Cactus Jack's in Cannon Park, Townsville (Thuringowa) for dinner. Great mexican food, nice variety of cocktails however they are weak (I had around 6 and I was still perfectly sober at the end of 2 hours, and I'm not usually a big drinker). Explains the cheap cocktail pricess I suppose! Bit noisy but that adds to the atmosphere. Loved it and will always go back.

• Visited January 2013
Townsville, Australia
“Had better, wont be going back.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Been a fan a Cactus Jacks for ages. My Partner and I went there the other night for dinner both meals were terrible. Had southern Fried Chicken Crispers there was nothing crispy about it at all. The coating on the chicken was soggy and had no flavour and the chips were soggy too. The salad was all wilted. Partner had Aztec pie it didnt even taste like chicken it had more of a Tuna taste. Told the Cashier of our dissapointment and his was response was, " oh well you get that, ill tell them about it". I will never be visiting a Cactus Jacks again, I will be telling all my friends about this

• Visited January 2013
Hi mje81

I’m sorry to hear that your experience at Cactus Jack’s Cannon Park was not up to your usual standard. By the sounds of things, it was not up to our standard either! The Southern Fried Chicken Crispers is one of the most popular items on the menu and so it is important to us that it is consistent; that the meal is fresh and tastes great every time. Also, the Aztec Pie is another classic meal, and it definitely should not taste like tuna because it’s chicken! So I’m disappointed to hear that your experience was not up to scratch. Thanks for the feedback and I’ll pass this review on to the chefs at the Cannon Park Cactus Jack’s about the meals, and to the manager about the service so both issues can be addressed. I invite you to contact me about resolving this issue in a more personal manner via my email address, pierrepropsocialmedia@gmail.com.

Thanks again,

Belinda Colledge
Social Media Representative
Cactus Jack’s Bar and Grill
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Cactus Jacks is a favourite among my friends and it never disappoints. We had a very large group (~25) so our meals took a while to come out as well as the restaurant being very busy for a Sunday night. Once they came out they were delicious. Love the Mexican Matchsticks! The cocktails are also really good and Cactus Hour makes them great value. The only negative thing we experienced was we were right under the air conditioner vent so we were absolutely freezing! But the food & the service were fantastic!

• Visited November 2011
Antipodes
“Much like any other Cactus Jacks, but exemplary and timely service with a smile”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Cozy, great service, the best example of this chain restaurant. Low lighting made reading the menu impossible, but helped lose track of the number of frozen margaritas I'd consumed.

• Visited August 2011