“Nice Find”

Benny's Hot Wok Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days from 5:00pmLunch: Friday & Sunday from 12:00pm - 14:30pmBenny's Hot Wok Cafe and Bar is the ultimate Modern Asian dining experience. As soon as you step into the restaurant you are instantly transported to Asia. Each dish on the menu is cooked using the best seasonal, fresh and local produce, leaving your tastebuds truly satisfied and craving for more.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We loved the food at Bennys. A tad expensive but worth it. We shared a combination of dumplings for entree and would highly recommend it.

2  Thank JennyGAustralia

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have eaten at Benny's several times now and it has been great every time. The service is alway good and the food is excellent. The San Choy Bau is our favorite entree. We will continue to go back again and again.

4  Thank Valhalla24
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It's been years since I've been to Benny's and was looking forward to dinner there to celebrate a family member's birthday. We had made a reservation beforehand, the earliest we could get in on a Friday night was 8pm, although quite late we were okay with that. When we arrived the restaurant was full, however our booth was set up ready for us and were shown promptly to our table.
Our drinks were ordered and arrived promptly and we were regularly asked if we wanted to reorder drinks throughout the night. The same occurred with our meals, ordered and arrived promptly and the food was delicious, couldn't be faulted. We all agreed we will all have to come back again soon.
There were only two things that I wasn't a fan of. To get to the toilets you have to walk out of the restaurant, walk through a door, down a corridor to a bathroom that is shared with Cactus Jacks in the building next door. I do realise this probably can't be helped, it was just a bit annoying.
The other thing was when it came time for dessert. Myself and another member of our table ordered banana spring rolls (that's not what they were called but that's what they looked like!) along with everyone else who ordered dessert. Everyone else's dessert came out first followed by our desserts. The guy who bought our banana spring rolls out put the girl beside me down on the table first and then when to put mine down and one of the spring rolls rolled off my plate and onto the floor. We were all surprised, the waiter included. He said, "Oh, sorry" picked the spring roll off the floor and left! There were four spring rolls on the plate as a serving, including ice cream, with my plate being left on the edge of the table, ice cream melting and banana spring rolls going cold were started to wonder if he was going to come back with a new spring roll to replace the one he dropped! It was clear after nearly 10 minutes of waiting he wasn't coming back. Another of our guests went to the lady at the desk to ask about our dessert (I believe she was the manager) who promptly took my entire plate and brought me back an entirely freshly made dessert and apologised for the delay.
Apart from the confusion with dessert we had a great night and will be back again soon!

2  Thank SG_Sutherland
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been to Benny's many times now. And I am pleased to say this is the first restaurant that I have felt I should write a review for.

Service:
Very good. And has been every time we have been there.

Venue:
A nice size and nice atmosphere with indoor and outdoor dining.

The Food:
The food is excellent. There is one dish. The Duck Stir Fry. I have travelled Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and other parts of asia and many popular asian restaurants in Brisbane and Sydney. This IS hands down the BEST stir fry I have EVER had the pleasure of eating. The flavour is incredible and everything is cooked to perfection. I HIGHLY recommend this dish. It is EASILY worth every cent. Sounds strange for a stir fry, I know, but when you try it. You will understand.

Benny's also do Coconut rice as a side. I highly recommend this as a side to any relevant dishes. Even by itself. It has excellent flavour.

Benny's Hot Wok is an awesome place to eat out and is easily my favourite place in Townsville to eat.

Most nights this place is busy because of its popularity. I recommend arriving early to secure a table.

3  Thank Luke P
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We were almost totally happy with everything. Food was excellent service was fast. The food came out quick, which was surprising as the restaurant was full. The only let down was that the food came out before the wine.

1  Thank Oehlman