“Well done THA” 5 of 5 bubbles

Townsville Holiday Apartments
Cairns, Australia
“Well done THA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Clean, well organised, fast internet and in a fantastic location close to cafes, pubs and the Strand. Best of all, very friendly staff who even went out of their way to source me a coffee plunger! Talk about rare! Was great being able to sit right outside the room and enjoy a drink with some of the other guests and not feel scrutinised by the staff who were never short of a smile and friendly dialogue. Terrific value and no doubt I'll be back for another weekend break As an ex hospitality manager I believe this is a fine example of how a small establishment like this can be run with no bad attitude! Well done to all at THA!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank OzBizTripper
thaapartments, Owner at Townsville Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. It is really nice to be complemented on a job that we love to do.
It was great to have you in house and we welcome you back any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Booked with what if no info pre paying about same day bookings. When payed it does say then that can't accept same day bookings after 8.00pm. We booked at 7.30pm and stated arrival at 9.00pm. When arrived owner clearly showed that she was inconvenienced by our arrival. Repeated over and over that she was in PJs. Told us that they do not accept checkins after 6.30pm. When I told her that she may need to change the info on Watif she said that it is there in fine print. We could not find it. Only found fine print on confirmation letter after paid about 8.00 pm.

Only reason booked was it led us to believe there was washing facilities in the room. Upon arrival we were told it was communal at end of corridor about 20m from room and we would have to pay.

There was human hair in the bed under the pillow and through the sheets. Like a balding person had slept in the bed and the sheets had not been washed.

There was a spider in the room and ants in the kitchen.

The room had a funny smell.

The fridge was quite loud. The Austar did not work and remote for the TV did not work. Had to push the battery in to make it work.

Really not impressed.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
thaapartments, Owner at Townsville Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I am a little confused as I was certainly not inconvenienced by your arrival. This is my job and I am very passionate about the tourism Industry. It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful people book into our lovely establishment.
I felt as though I had inconvenienced you, which I did apologise for - perhaps too much! Our business prides itself on service and quality. We are a family owned business and do not have the resources to run an office that opens late into the evenings. We encourage our valued guests that they are able ring through to the office if they require a late check in. As Internet bookings are harder to keep a track of - unfortunately we have to manage that accordingly. The information is clearly available at the time of booking but I do understand that you booked on a mobile phone whilst travelling on the road and what might be very visible on a desk top is not so visible on a small phone screen.For this reason I had made sure to thank you for your business and reassure you that we were very appreciative of your booking. The fact that I was in my pyjamas was actually quite embarrassing for me and again, I felt it to be an inconvenience to you, more so than to me.
I'm sure that after reading previous guest reviews it is clear that we take much pride in the presentation and cleanliness of our rooms. In fact it is always the one thing that our guests compliment us on repeatedly. Our linen is laundered locally through a reputable company and we will certainly address this complaint.
As for the washing facilities in the room - Wotif contacted us directly with regard to your complaint the morning of your departure and we realised that an error had occurred at our end. This error has since been rectified on the Wotif web site as our apartments have a shared guest laundry facility rather than in room facilities. I believe that you were offered a very reasonable refund for this inconvenience. I am certain that this issue could have easily been resolved if you had just spoken to me regarding your disappointment.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed here in December 2011 in room 5, this is one large room with a double bed, sofa, dining table with 4 chairs, a full size kitchen area, big fridge/freezer, TV, bathroom with an adjoining room if needed. There is a small pool outside and a b b cue. Also designated parking place. The room was clean and fully equipped and the owner very helpful and friendly. It is just a short walk to the main beach area, The Strand.
We only stayed for 1 night but this would make a good base for a few days to explore the surrounds

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann100London
Innisfail, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Having recently stayed in Townsville for Christmas I wanted to have somewhere my family could be comfortable and relaxed and enjoy a Christmas lunch together.

The two bedroom units provided exactly that! The kitchen was fully equipped and allowed us to prepare a meal as we would have in our own home. We enjoyed a cool place to rest with the air conditioners being efficient and quiet. My grandson was able to play outside as the private courtyard was fenced. The unit was located close to the strand, Townsville's city centre and local attractions such as the Reef Hq - taking the kids there was a highlight of my week.

I would not hesitate to stay with Townsville Holiday Apartments again, or recommend them to anyone looking for accommodation in Townsville. The staff were friendly and helpful and the unit was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mount Isa, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

Very clean and comfortable.
We had Free cable Internet this was extremely useful and the lan speed was very good.
No smelly carpets or smelly air conditioning that is evident in some others.

Air conditioners in bedrooms a bit noisy but would rather have them than not.
Very easy walking distance to the Strand.
Car Parking is a bit on the tight side. Eyre St - Nice quite street plenty of parking available there if you don't need inside parking.
Shared Laundry facility 1 wash machine - 1 dryer - clean and tidy - easy access -
Staff were pleasant and helpful
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had Room 5 at the End I would ask for that one :)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed at the ones on Mitchell Street and they were excellent value for money. Clean, tidy, with a small kitchenette and full size fridge. They are close to the "The Strand" drive and beach and would be ideal for families. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

Upon arriving the lady in reception was so nice, she showed me a map of the area and gave me an idea of what we could do. I just loved the room we stayed in, airconditioning in every room (which is needed, that's for sure), the beds were soooooo comfy! Our room had a private courtyard which was great. It almost felt like we had our own swimming pool as we were right next door to it. The kids had a ball. The location is in easy walking distance to The Strand and local shopping complex. There really wasn't anything I didn't like about this place. I will stay here again when visiting Townsville. Thanks heaps.

Room Tip: Two minute walk to the strand.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family