“Jammed with friendly staff and great cooks”
Review of Jam

Jam
Ranked #5 of 411 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: "The perfect opportunity to enjoy good food & wine with family & friends" Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner JAM is a local Townsville restaurant dedicated to providing seasonally inspired menus. Our Gourmet Traveler awarded wist list offers over 100 wines to complement your dining experience. Relax in our dining room or outside on the corner terrace with city and river views. The elegant private dining room "Luxe Room" is perfect for social or business gatherings up to 18 guests. LOFT by Jam Corner Located on the first floor, the function room with large balconies overlooking the CBD and Ross River is available for breakfast, lunch or dinner group bookings, we can tailor menus for any occasion .
Reviewed March 11, 2014

One of Townsvilles finest restaurants, consistently good meals and the staff are a stand out. Great for both light meals and drinks and dinner parties

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Excellent staff, owner chef onsite every day. Extensive menu that you do not expect. Reasonable prices and handy location. Currently the best restaurant in Townsville for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food never disappoints here, however the service can often be a tad slow as it would appear as in most Townsville restaurants the waiters seem to be holidaying travellers.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My partner and I decided to have a rare night out sans baby - and wanted the night to be relaxed, enjoyable, romantic and something nice for just us. We chose Jam Corner and hoped that it would be just that - and it did NOT disappoint!

The whole place has a great atmosphere - the seats with the cushions around the edge looked great (even though we didn't sit at one of those tables, it made the place feel very welcoming while still maintaining the upmarket restaurant feel), the wait staff, especially the manager (didn't catch his name but should have) were very attentive without being annoying, they were all very relaxed and made us feel like we were guests at their home. Wonderful. They laughed and joked with us and as I watched, they did the same with all the tables - really made the place feel enjoyable. The drinks were brought out quickly, and topped up again regularly without us having to trying to catch their eyes or with them being annoying. The food was brought out fast even though the restaurant was nearly fully booked, and all staff actually looked like they enjoyed being there.

The food was AMAZING. I ordered the Red Emperor and can honestly say it was the BEST fish I have EVER tasted - and I'm fussy with fish. I chose the grilled option and it was perfect - nearly fell apart without being overcooked, and the flavor was not overpowering nor bland, and it seemed to just melt in your mouth. The bean salad (can't remember what it was called, I think it was just called a summer or side salad) was also wonderful - too many times restaurants try to be too fancy and the main is paired with some weird fancy side that tastes just strange and I end up leaving it on the plate. This salad I ate first - it tasted that good. It also let me savor the fish even longer. The aioli was also great - not too overpowering and gave the perfect top off to the meal. Honestly can say it was the best meal I have had in a restaurant in YEARS.

I wrote the staff a little handwritten note I was that impressed with the entire experience. I also decided to write a review on this website to let others know about this little gem of a place. I will certainly be going back and telling friends - one of the best places I have ever had the joy of eating at bar NONE. Well done to all the staff - thanks for making our rare night out a GREAT one!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

came here for a brekky - yummy! the food was melting in my mouth. Guess what i ordered? hmmmmm.... eggs benedict! it was perfect.

might need more juice options :)