“Agree it is overpriced”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice meal. Had the fish burger. $20. Large size but would expect to pay that if right on the beach. The restaurant is across the other side of the road. Nice burger though.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Odyssey has a wonderful atmosphere and of the many times i go there, the staff are always welcoming and are there straight away as soon as you need something.

The menu is great as it has a wide variety of choices and as for the pricing, many have said it is overpriced but i believe the prices are acceptable not only because the food is divine but because of where the restaurant is situated (ocean view) and how friendly the staff are.

You either choose to pay cheap at other ordinary restaurants to have poor service and a view of surrounding carparks or pay just that little bit more to get an ocean view and a lively atmosphere.

Odyssey is one of my favourite restaurants in Townsville and I always recommend it to others. Will definitely be returning again, and again.

1  Thank Chloe D
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a great location and views, which adds to the lively atmosphere. We went for lunch and had trouble narrowing down our choices, there was so much to choose from! Food was quite good, two of us went greek and had souvlaki and gyros. Our third guest ordered the open grill on Turkish bread. It was terribly expensive for what ended up being one chunk of Turkish bread and topping/cheese, with a small salad. The coffees were good and the wait staff were helpful. Lovely experience until we got the bill!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Previously been here and loved it. This time we ordered land and sea. The waitress didn't seem to know the menu was asking us about crumbed etc which didn't apply to our choice we did ask for sauce which we never received. For the meal we got I thought it was over priced. Staff not very welcoming. Coffee was nice. If you are going to try stick with Greek classics I think.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went here today for breakfast eggs benidict was terrible, so was scone with jam and cream service terrible, didn't eat scone as it was dry and cream was from a spray bottle and tasted off, I explained this to the very rude old man serving at the till saying the scone was indelible and didn't want to pay he said if I didn't pay he would call the police! Stay away, far away!

Ody16, Owner at Odyssey on the Strand, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I would like to just thank all our regular and wonderful cutomers who come to Odyssey and give us correct constructive feedback. Reviews are great if they are reported correctly with correct information. There is always more to a story than just what an individual writes. I visit this site and am shocked when I read information that has been reported and has been stretched. I also am shocked at the amount of information that is left out. I can only say that when writing a review, keep it honest and not report lies and do not make it personal. Calling a man in his 50's an old man is vindictive and personal. I guess I was brought up with good manners and would never go out of my way to paint a bad review on a social website if I did not get my way. Remember keep it professional and honest.