“A little disappointed”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Previously been here and loved it. This time we ordered land and sea. The waitress didn't seem to know the menu was asking us about crumbed etc which didn't apply to our choice we did ask for sauce which we never received. For the meal we got I thought it was over priced. Staff not very welcoming. Coffee was nice. If you are going to try stick with Greek classics I think.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Went here today for breakfast eggs benidict was terrible, so was scone with jam and cream service terrible, didn't eat scone as it was dry and cream was from a spray bottle and tasted off, I explained this to the very rude old man serving at the till saying the scone was indelible and didn't want to pay he said if I didn't pay he would call the police! Stay away, far away!

Ody16, Owner at Odyssey on the Strand, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I would like to just thank all our regular and wonderful cutomers who come to Odyssey and give us correct constructive feedback. Reviews are great if they are reported correctly with correct information. There is always more to a story than just what an individual writes. I visit this site and am shocked when I read information that has been reported and has been stretched. I also am shocked at the amount of information that is left out. I can only say that when writing a review, keep it honest and not report lies and do not make it personal. Calling a man in his 50's an old man is vindictive and personal. I guess I was brought up with good manners and would never go out of my way to paint a bad review on a social website if I did not get my way. Remember keep it professional and honest.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently dined at Odyssey on the Strand, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I do not believe the reviews here on trip advisor are a correct representation of this excellent establishment, as people unfortunately seem to be more inclined to make the effort to complain, then to praise the work of others.

This was not my first time at Odyssey, and it will not be my last! The service is exceptional, and the food is a welcomed change from most restaurants on the Strand. The coffee is nice, however I was more impressed by the range of teas on offer.

The view also is wonderful, and I would recommend sitting outside to enjoy all the location has to offer (I would think it a waste to be on the ocean front and to sit inside!). The service was also both professional and relaxing, making it well worth the price of dining.

While the prices are not the 'lowest', the meal sizes are very generous. If you are looking for a cheap breakfast, McDonalds may more appropriately cater your needs. It is beyond me how other 'reviewers' on this site complain about the price of dining, as this restaurant is no more expensive then the others along the Strand.

My thanks to the team at Odyssey!

I will be back, J.S. :)

2  Thank Joshua S
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Looks nice from the street but dont be fooled. Food is well and truely over priced and the food although large serves is terrible. I certainly wont be back and advise anyone else to spend your money else where.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a couple of times service has improved but really could do with an upgrade looking a bit tired the food is average could do this at home nothing special have had better breakfasts for simalar or cheaper but meal sizes are very generous so consider sharing a plate unless you are very hungrey