“Very surprised!”

Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

After a long week at university, the class and I decided to visit a restaurant in Palmer St. We all decided to head to Outback Jacks. I was a bit sceptical at first because I visited one down south and it was absolutely disgusting, but I remained calm.
I arrived and it wasn't too busy but the rest of the class were there (14 of them). Overall everybody loved their meals, my meal (400g rib fillet) was great, cooked to perfection and tasted like a steak should. Setting wasn't bad at all. The kids area was a bit basic but my little fella loved it. The staff were happy and prompt with their service.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Went here with friends to celebrate a birthday. I ordered a rare steak it was cooked so much it was practically cardboard by the time I got it. Most of the other meals were inedible with the exception of my partners chicken parma which was nice. Service wad sub par and at that price it should have been a lot better.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

In the 2 months I stayed in Townsville I came back here many times for a beer and a burger in the evening. Good food, generous portions, friendly service and a nice enough setting; does exactly what it should do. Gets very busy on weekends but pleasant enough mid-week.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Greeted by owner while perusing menu outside. She was lovely and found us a table for two despite it being saturday night and relatively busy.

Service was good, and food and drinks arrived promptly. Would recommend.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The steak was over done, the chicken was dry, the thirty dollar burger was uninspiring. Over priced, tacky atmosphere, total waste of time. Lady friend threw up her food an hour later because it was so bad. Lowest recom