“Great food and great service”
Review of Outback Jacks Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Outback Jacks Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for four nights while in town for work. Great variety on the menu had something different each night. Meals were a good size and value for money. Staff were friendly and efficient. Overall an enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate here in August 2012 for dinner and enjoyed the experience so when we returned in September 2013 for brunch I found it a tad average. I ordered the big breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms tomato and sausage (I skipped the beans), my husband had the vegetarian. Unfortunately my mushrooms were cut so small they were overcooked and the scrambled egg looked like it had been cooked after the mushrooms with bits of mushroom in the egg and tinted a brown colour. The bacon is called crispy but I found it dry/overdone and the sausage was not much chop either. We were the only people there so should had been better:(. An overall average experience for me which was a shame but my husband liked his and could not fault it. Service was polite but then again, we were the only ones so should have been exceptional.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My partner and I went here on a Friday night. The staff were absolutely lovely but quite a few things went wrong with our night.

Firstly we made a reservation which wasn't entered in their books. The table we were placed on had a wobbly leg which my partner ended up having to temporarily fix.

They mixed up both our mains and forgot my prawns, both our sauces and gave him chips instead of veggies like asked for.

Lastly when we went to pay, they had lost our whole order and made us think of every drink, entree and main we ordered so that they could charge us for it. This was really frustrating and took the staff about an extra 15 min to fix after queuing 10 minutes to pay.

Overall - The food was great, but its a shame it was cold by the time they got all the orders right! Really wish i wanted to go back here but in reality I probably wouldn't

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had been to the movies, so it was just gone 9pm when we were looking for a place to eat. It was a Wednesday night. We had been turned away from another place as it was after 9pm. Service was friendly. Food is the usual for this chain but that's ok, always a good feed and a good selection.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a good casual restaurant, one of many in the Palmer Street precinct. The service was prompt without being rushed or intrusive, the steak was cooked exactly as requested and the sides were generous. It's not fine dining, but it isn't meant to be; it's a big step up from normal pub fare - I'd definitely eat here again when next in the area.