“Great steak, melt in the mouth”
Review of Outback Jacks Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Outback Jacks Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went out to Palmer street, on christmas eve with a couple of mates. Warm summers evening, so we settled into a couple of beers at the bar, before our lovely waitress got us settled in at a booth seat.
I ordered the prime rib which was melt in the mouth, the other boys took on the pork ribs and the challenge. Great meal and good music selection of 90's hits.
On departing I almost needed a wheel barrow to roll me out I was that full.
I'll be back to go the ribs next time.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Walked in here on 25th dec, looked around and saw plenty of empty tables. Waited to be seated, only to be told, "we are a bit busy right now, and not taking any more customers. come back in half an hour"
Not sure if its lazy staff or incompetent management, but since the new ribs and rumps opened up the road, Ive noticed their trade has fallen off dramatically . Given the way they run the business, it wont be long till the receivers move in.

Outback_Jacks_TSV, Owner at Outback Jacks Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Hi jjlAyr,
I'm sorry that you were upset, when told that you would have to wait half an hour for a table on Christmas Day.
We had over 300 people booked in that day, and we were busy running around making sure that everyone was happy.
The tables that you saw empty, where for bookings that had not yet arrived. We always accept walk-in, but if you would like to sit at a table as soon as you arrive, please book especially on public holiday, for example Christmas Day.
I can also assure you, we are not closing anytime soon, in fact we just won several awards at the state franchise conference, one of those awards been "best front of house operations".

My staff pride themselves on given great customer service, and I hope one day, you will actually dine with us, and find out for yourself

Tracey
Owner/Manager of Outback Jacks Townsville

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Excellent service, surroundings are very comfortable, children games area provided, staff are very helpful and friendly, Menu caters for all customers, meat eaters/vegetarian/sea food plus kiddies meals as well and all value for money. Steak is yummy. What more can you ask for?
I will definitely go back and happily recommend to other regardless of age.

1  Thank Sarg33
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Great service, lovely friendly staff, good food and value for money. What more can you ask for? Would definitely go back!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Way better than the other "Outback" with good quality food. Steak a tad overcooked but not badly. Few pesky flies (inside) were an annoyance. Would happily return.