“Great steak”

Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I wasn't expecting anything fantastic as this is a restaurant chain but was craving steak for lunch and no where else on Palmer Street appealed to me (or looked open or inviting) after having just arrived in Townsville. I chose to sit inside due to it being a very hot day. Service was very friendly and casual. Huge menu and noticed they have ribs but couldn't justify the cost of them. I have noticed that in Australia ribs are expensive in restaurants. As I was wanting steak I chose the 500g Rump at $31.95. That is also expensive for a steak so I was expecting something good. It was actually very good. Although over cooked (I asked for MR) it was above medium but still a delicious piece of meat. It was tender, extremely tasty and juicy. The mash it sat on was excellent as was the salad and coleslaw. The side of pepper sauce was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here but would probably order "rare" next time. I will go back and my experience has changed my thoughts of this restaurant chain.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were walk in's once again and they seated us in front the wine cellar, kids den and service area. Certainly not a romantic place as the directions to the dunnies were on the pole next to our table. As for the dunnies there needs to have something done to the feel of supermarket back corridor dunnies. Average food and half reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Came here for a quick lunch during the week. There were only 2 other tables and my food still took about 15 minutes to arrive. Had the barramundi burger which tasted good but I would of expected no bones. Excellent size but hard to hold and eat with all the sauce dripping out everywhere. Side of chips was very tasty. It was quite a warm day and there was no air conditioning. Only after a request then 1 of the large fans was switched on. Atmosphere was quite dead but it was probably the time I was here. I'm sure at night with more people this place would have a better vibe. This place is open all day and earlier than some of the other places on the street. But if there are no other options this place is alright for a quick bite.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Another place with a lot of competition from other restaurants along Palmer St. The service and food is good. The atmosphere is alright. Just a usual franchise really.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Average mass produced food. Sticky plastic menus. Handy if you're stuck but don't make a special effort to go there. Bit dirty feeling too