“great central location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsville
Urban Quarter Apartments
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I had an apartment here for 8 months while I was based in Townsville. Being on the 6th floor was painful with only one elevator (to carry groceries & dive gear) however there were staircases. It took me sometime to get accustomed to apartment living as I found it noisy. I had a secure single bay car space in the basement. Unfortunately I never used the pool or bbq facilities. The complex is overlookling the Ross Creek & across from the 2 main eating& entertainment streets (Palmer & Flinders). My rooms had a single bedroom with ensuite. I had a washer/dryer recess & the kitchen/dining/lounge was well equipped. The best thing was the view & I would often drag the lounge onto the patio to watch the sunset. There is a post shop/chemist/Coles supermarket in the small arcade across the road. And a doctors surgery a short walk away. Furthermore, the main 'shopping street' of the town centre is one block away. Suburban shopping complexes are a 10-15min drive away. I am not sure of cost/value for money as work paid.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Urban Quarter Apartments

Reviewed April 9, 2010

If you are looking for a hotel with a great location only, then this is the place. But that is about it. The most disappointing part of our stay was that the place was not cleaned prior to our arrival. Or if it was cleaned, the owners should immediately sack the cleaners. We had two apartments for an extended family stay over Easter, rooms 36 and 44. Room 44 had a large hole in the ceiling, with the nearby airconditioning vent hanging by a thread. The outside BBQ had not been cleaned and was filthy.
Room 36 had an oven so dirty that when turned on began to fill the apartment with smoke, and would have activated the smoke alarm had it not been taken from the ceiling, had the battery removed and hidden behind the TV. One of the bedrooms had a mouldy curtain half hanging from the window sill, and the bedspread in the other room had a suspicious stain. When we tried to contact the management, there was no answer on the phone number provided.
We were unable to park our vehicles in the parking bays provided as we were given the wrong remote to open the gates under the building.
Look, the location is fantastic, but I honestly cant recommend this place. Management take heed, you need to pick up your game.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family