“great location, nice facilities, poorly managed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Townsville
Urban Quarter Apartments
Newcastle, Australia
“great location, nice facilities, poorly managed”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

These apartments are in a great location, right on the river and near the CBD. The views are lovely. Unfortunately the whole place is badly let down by the caretakers. The gardens and lawn are in need of more care, the pool was heavily chlorinated and had too much leaf debris, there seems to be minimal care taken in the cleaning of common areas. I never saw the caretakers, and when I tried calling them once, I couldn't get them and they didn't return my call.
This could be a great place to stay if it is under better management.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nigel J

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed at Urban Quarter Apartments and was very impressed with the presentation of the property and the gardens. It was like stepping into a Tropical Oasis and made our visit an enjoyable experience.
The pool area was spotless with the gardens looking amazing and the pool always pristine.

I stayed on the 7th Floor and the building from the front gate, lift and walkways to my apartment were always neat and tidy and very clean.

The managers were very friendly and even helped with my luggage......

A pleasure to stay at, would highly recommend Urban Quarter.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Was horrid. Woken up at 5am by dosy corportae everyday collecting garbage. Over priced when compared to motels with privacy and quiet. Woken on another occasion by the lawn mower at 6am ... what the ??? Never again and not as central tot he strand as advertised there is nothing in the mall the want me to be in this area and also too many vandals, my car windows were smashed in the visitors carpark provided. Rooms are so small, a motel is bigger.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Townsville hotels

Katherine, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I had an apartment here for 8 months while I was based in Townsville. Being on the 6th floor was painful with only one elevator (to carry groceries & dive gear) however there were staircases. It took me sometime to get accustomed to apartment living as I found it noisy. I had a secure single bay car space in the basement. Unfortunately I never used the pool or bbq facilities. The complex is overlookling the Ross Creek & across from the 2 main eating& entertainment streets (Palmer & Flinders). My rooms had a single bedroom with ensuite. I had a washer/dryer recess & the kitchen/dining/lounge was well equipped. The best thing was the view & I would often drag the lounge onto the patio to watch the sunset. There is a post shop/chemist/Coles supermarket in the small arcade across the road. And a doctors surgery a short walk away. Furthermore, the main 'shopping street' of the town centre is one block away. Suburban shopping complexes are a 10-15min drive away. I am not sure of cost/value for money as work paid.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
Atherton, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2010

If you are looking for a hotel with a great location only, then this is the place. But that is about it. The most disappointing part of our stay was that the place was not cleaned prior to our arrival. Or if it was cleaned, the owners should immediately sack the cleaners. We had two apartments for an extended family stay over Easter, rooms 36 and 44. Room 44 had a large hole in the ceiling, with the nearby airconditioning vent hanging by a thread. The outside BBQ had not been cleaned and was filthy.
Room 36 had an oven so dirty that when turned on began to fill the apartment with smoke, and would have activated the smoke alarm had it not been taken from the ceiling, had the battery removed and hidden behind the TV. One of the bedrooms had a mouldy curtain half hanging from the window sill, and the bedspread in the other room had a suspicious stain. When we tried to contact the management, there was no answer on the phone number provided.
We were unable to park our vehicles in the parking bays provided as we were given the wrong remote to open the gates under the building.
Look, the location is fantastic, but I honestly cant recommend this place. Management take heed, you need to pick up your game.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family